What the heck is going on with Oshae's offensive game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What the heck is going on with Oshae's offensive game?

If he continues to lay bricks he better hope he earns a degree. He will never stick in the NBA without significantly improving his game. His shot is weak at best and he has a limited handle. I have yet to see him finish above the rim. Potential you bet but he needs another year if not 2.

Oshea is starting to find teams will not come out on him and they are clogging the lane to the basket. A very good free throw shooter, it's troubling that he cannot hit a jumper from the free throw line with any consistency.

He’s in a role that he’s not ready for, because we’ve got nobody else.

On a typical Cuse team he’s getting 5 ppg and 4 rpg in 12 mpg and we’re all going nuts about how good he’s going to be in the future when he’s a starter.
This^^

OB is shooting 3.3% better from the field and 8.6% better from 3PT than Ron Patterson in the 2014-15 season. I don't follow the rumors at all, but I'd be shocked to see him declare for the draft with his current shooting percentages.

He shot better from deep tonight, but he also misses wide a lot on his jumpers and forces shots near the rim when he should look to kick (case in point tonight after missing all 8 of his two point attempts).

I like OB. He's a great rebounder and I see the offensive potential which I'm confident he'll develop into within a year or two. What we really need out of OB (and Dolezaj) this season is an effective option out of the high post -- someone we can kick the ball to and be a legitimate threat to drive, dish, or pull up from 15 feet.

I hear this crazy talk here once in a while. A few years ago it was with Triche. Then later someone proclaimed it with Roberson. And now Im hearing with with OB. Im referring to NBA potential.

Listen folks, dude is not going to be an NBA player any time soon. He can come out after this year if he wants.

-he wont get drafted
-he wont get a sniff of an actual NBA contract

he's not going anywhere except back to school. You can say that Im "killing" him but i would argue the opposite. You guys are. You have turned him into some stud frosh who is not playing up to expectations. That is not fair to him. He is what he is. An athletic guy who is great on the boards, very active, and who is an excellent "garbage" man. Let him play that roll for a year or two and well see what happens. Put more on him and you'll see more of the crap we've been seing the last couple games.

He might be smart to go to the tryouts and have pro scouts tell him what he needs to do to become an NBA prospect. Then come back and put in the effort to get there and make us a better team in the bargain.
Should he declare? I don't think so, but we've seen strange scenarios before.

He will be fine. Most years he would have been the third forward and he would have been fine. Frank and Oshae are both being asked to do more then they should be. Surprise the the third year guy is handling it much better. No one should be asked to handle the ball 85% of the time for 40 minutes a game. I hope he can hold up.
Did anyone see the picture of Brisset shooting on Syracuse.com? His hand seems weird under the ball. His thumb and pinkie are going east-west while the other three go north-south. Scott Hicks helped me develop my shot and always told me all five fingers start towards the rim. I am not saying there is anything wrong with Brisset just different from what I was told and from what I have coached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom