What two teams have played the most overtime games together? | Syracusefan.com

What two teams have played the most overtime games together?

supp

Hall of Fame
I can't find anything online that tells you what rivals have played the most overtime games. Where does Syracuse-G'town stand?

The 10 OT games with Georgetown is by far the most for SU and is equal to the number of OT games with the next 3 teams UConn (4), Villanova (3) and West Virginia (3).

There is only 1 non-Big East team that Syracuse has played multiple OT games against. Fake prize to anyone who can guess it.

Thanks to the 6OT game, Syracuse has played nearly as many OT periods against UConn (9) as Georgetown (10)

The 10 OT games with Georgetown is by far the most for SU and is equal to the number of OT games with the next 3 teams UConn (4), Villanova (3) and West Virginia (3).

There is only 1 non-Big East team that Syracuse has played multiple OT games against. Fake prize to anyone who can guess it.

Missouri, in the 89 season and 94 NCAA Tourney!

That was quicker than I expected!

My first thought was that string of heartbreaking overtime NCAA tourney losses in the early 90s, which made me zero in on Missouri.

I looked up basically all of the major historical rivalries I could think of. It looks like Kansas-Oklahoma is the winner with 13. There could be more obscure rivalries that played more but I'm not researching that. Somebody get Mike Waters to address this in his mailbox! Interestingly, Kansas and Oklahoma have only played one OT game since the late 1970s so we're catching up. I was actually surprised by how many big rivalries had only a couple of OT games in their history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom