What UConn has taught us... | Syracusefan.com

What UConn has taught us...

jdubs30

Living Legend
You can go 9-9 in the Big East and still make it to the Final Four. This team still has what it takes to go to Atlanta.

This team won't make it out of the first weekend.

What makes you think this is a Final Four team? This team has so many weaknesses that can't be fixed. Round two and we're gone.

Doesn't matter...All that matters is being hot for 2 or 3 weeks in March. And we're good enough to beat a 15, a 7, a 3, and Miami on a neutral court.

yeah, I think it does matter. Nobody on the roster is capable of carrying the team on his back for 6 games. Forget about carrying the team - has anyone on the team even played 6 good (non-cupcake) consecutive games this season?

The Boneyard seems shocked and eccastic that they won. That shows how good they think UConn is.

It seems like CCSU beat Wooden's Bruin's over there.

yeah, I think it does matter. Nobody on the roster is capable of carrying the team on his back for 6 games. Forget about carrying the team - has anyone on the team even played 6 good (non-cupcake) consecutive games this season?
You don't need 1 player to do it. If Triche, Southerland, and Fair are hitting their jumpers and our D plays well, we can make it to Atlanta.

It's not like the NBA or MLB. The hottest team wins, not the best team.

You don't need 1 player to do it. If Triche, Southerland, and Fair are hitting their jumpers and our D plays well, we can make it to Atlanta.

Have we had 6 good shooting games in a row this year?

You can go 9-9 in the Big East and still make it to the Final Four. This team still has what it takes to go to Atlanta.
This was UConn's night. That's all. I can appreciate the happiness those players and fans feel right now, since this game was probably the biggest of their season. I am disappointed by our performance, but I get much more happiness believing in our team's ability to bounce back than in feeling like the season is over. It's just how I cope. Others cope by venting and that's what this board is for also.

Good god, Carolina is taking Duke to the woodshed right now. Gotta go!

We're a measuring stick right now. If teams beat us they call it a successful year, that's respect.

"We beat Syracuse, great job by the kids this year!" That's where we are. We treat those games like DePaul. Perspective people.

Doesn't matter...All that matters is being hot for 2 or 3 weeks in March. And we're good enough to beat a 15, a 7, a 3, and Miami on a neutral court.

Good observation. I agree. Kemba was pretty up and down during the NCAA and quite overrated in general. Luck was their MVP.

They have a nice back court. Napier has a shot to play in the NBA, Boatright drives them and can get hot, and Calhouns not bad. If you're going to put that up against Triche's performance tonight and MCW being off too they'll win.

But their fans/program are a joke. They won't even be in the BET this year because they run a dirty program. After UNC's AA studies Uconn is the shadiest school academically. Can Kemba Walker even read?

I hate we gave them their biggest win for the next 4-5 years but oh well they'll all be watching womens ball when we are in NYC, DC, and hopefully Atlanta.

Good observation. I agree. Kemba was pretty up and down during the NCAA and quite overrated in general. Luck was their MVP.
Um. Kemba would be nice. But he's not necessary to win a title either. If you don't think this team has the talent to win 6 games on a neutral court you haven't been paying attention; it's not like we're talking about beating 6 top 10 teams n a row either.

Usually getting to the Final Four consists of:
beating a 15 seed
beating a top 24 team (Colorado State)
beating a top 12 team (Kansas State or Butler)
beating a 1 seed (at best) (Miami, Michigan)

Call me crazy but I think we could definitely do that...

We're a measuring stick right now. If teams beat us they call it a successful year, that's respect.

"We beat Syracuse, great job by the kids this year!" That's where we are. We treat those games like DePaul. Perspective people.

It's like RutgersAl drank Syracuse Kool-Aid.

It's like RutgersAl drank Syracuse Kool-Aid.
The situation UConn faced this year made today and Michigan State their biggest games of the year, they won of both of those, give them credit. But this game is 1 game in the loss column and isn't a "better" or "worse" loss Pitt or Nova, we have Seton Hall on Saturday and have a chance to regain 1st place in the Big East.

It's the construction of the offense without any inside play. Michigan and Duke may be able to pull it off since they have lots of shooters. We don't and we don't make ANY D work hard enough for the most part.

It's the construction of the offense without any inside play. Michigan and Duke may be able to pull it off since they have lots of shooters. We don't and we don't make ANY D work hard enough for the most part.
I thought part of our strategy for the rest of the season was get Rak more touches, but so far taht hasn't happened. It's a guard's game, a few token touches in the post might be necessary, but we're going to win or lose games with our guard play.

I thought part of our strategy for the rest of the season was get Rak more touches, but so far taht hasn't happened. It's a guard's game, a few token touches in the post might be necessary, but we're going to win or lose games with our guard play.

No doubt. I just am not sure how well our guys can create vs quick/pesky guards. They are more of the long strided/plodding types. We all know this and it will be all about matchups in March. Stay away from the OSU/Butlers/MSU/Floridas

any game that triche struggles like tonight is gonna be a grind. i thought mcw would be our most important player in march, but its triche. i mostly blame him for tonite, uconn was pretty bad the first 10-15 minutes of the game, if triche knocks down a couple early we probably get a nice cushion.

Um. Kemba would be nice. But he's not necessary to win a title either. If you don't think this team has the talent to win 6 games on a neutral court you haven't been paying attention; it's not like we're talking about beating 6 top 10 teams n a row either.

Usually getting to the Final Four consists of:
beating a 15 seed
beating a top 24 team (Colorado State)
beating a top 12 team (Kansas State or Butler)
beating a 1 seed (at best) (Miami, Michigan)

Call me crazy but I think we could definitely do that...

I agree that winning six games in a row is necessary to win a title. Excellent point.

It seems you are the only sane person in here . Some of these responses , good lord