What was the deal on the goal line stand? | Syracusefan.com

What was the deal on the goal line stand?

JoeSU

All American
WVa had a 4th and a foot from our 1 yard line... SU players were jumping up and down, signaling turnover on downs after the play, some of them rushing off the field. Did they think it was 4th and goal, or did we get a lousy spot?

I think they thought it was 4th and goal. If they had realized that it wasn't, then they would've waited for the measurement before celebrating.

Personally, I feel that WVU was given a bad/good for them spot on that play. It was the second bad spot of the game. I really enjoyed the non-touchdown touchdown. Provo caught the ball at the two, made a turn reaching the ball out for the touchdown, went into the endzone and out on the side about 2 yds in the endzone, and then the meeting of the officals for about 30 seconds trying to decide if it was a TD. It was so obvious and bogus. I must admit I am one who wanted to stay in the BE because of the history and ties, but I am sick of the bs third-rate, joke of a conference. While it went to review, we started a chant of "ACC, ACC". I was also amussed by the chant of, " Broke Back Mountain" that went through my section.

WVa had a 4th and a foot from our 1 yard line... SU players were jumping up and down, signaling turnover on downs after the play, some of them rushing off the field. Did they think it was 4th and goal, or did we get a lousy spot?

Initially, I actually thought the WVU got in for the score, so I was happy with the spot.

Either our guys thought we had stopped them or they indeed thought it was 4th and goal.

Weird play

I could have sworn that I saw a ref amoung the SU players also signally "First Down Syracuse". I mentioned to a friend that I recalled when we had a goal line stand against West Virginia in 1995 and then McNabb hit Harrison for 95 and a score. Then, suddenly theyw ere measuring and West Virginia had a first down.

I'll bet the ref throught it was fourth and goal as well. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom