What was the reason for the stoppage | Syracusefan.com

What was the reason for the stoppage

OttoMets

Living Legend
After Gillon's last layup to tie the game, when Duke had no timeouts but one of their players flagged down a ref on the near side and got them to confer about something?

After Gillon's last layup to tie the game, when Duke had no timeouts but one of their players flagged down a ref on the near side and got them to confer about something?

Clock had kept running so they watched video and added something like 1 second to the time.

Click had kept running so they watched video and added something like 1 second to the time.

I think that was it, but it was unclear. Very strange.

Without that fix Gillons shot doesn't count! That was actually a little dumb on their part

Who knew we'd need that time at the end?

I kind of did... Made a mention of it to the 2 guys next to me. Went from like the high 35's to low 37's - considering the 30 second shot clock either way - it was a decent difference.

One of the reasons why when there is an official stoppage of play, players should be sent to neutral corners, I mean to the foul lanes so coaches can not meet with them. To easy to get an extra TO at the end.

can anyone remember a longer time elapsing for stoppage to review a play and take points off (battles 3 ) ? seemed like 5 full minutes.
It was so frustrating. Score says we're tied but I know we're down 1. The closer we got to the end of game I kept hoping we didn't do anything situational thinking we were tied or only down 2/3.

can anyone remember a longer time elapsing for stoppage to review a play and take points off (battles 3 ) ? seemed like 5 full minutes.
reversible error. They can and do wait to the first stoppage of play to review.

The amazing thing was how on earth they didn't whistle Allen for a foul on that play. He's a secondary defender, below the arc, out of position, moving into the offensive player to create contact and impede the movement of the offensive player. It was a block/foul in almost every possible way.

The amazing thing was how on earth they didn't whistle Allen for a foul on that play. He's a secondary defender, below the arc, out of position, moving into the offensive player to create contact and impede the movement of the offensive player. It was a block/foul in almost every possible way.
Even Dickie V with his one eye called it.

I could see from section 311 that his foot was over the line, so I was subtracting a point from our total the whole time, but it did take them foreverrrrr to review it. I thought they forgot about it for a second.

reversible error. They can and do wait to the first stoppage of play to review.

I thought they would do it when Duke went to the FT line shortly after it happened but I guess fouls don't count as a stoppage of play? Did they end up waiting for a media timeout?

I thought they would do it when Duke went to the FT line shortly after it happened but I guess fouls don't count as a stoppage of play? Did they end up waiting for a media timeout?

They usually review it right away, When they waited so long, I thought we might have caught a break.

well as stated above by LIC we all knew the point was coming off but that whole time the players are looking at the scoreboard in a tight game.