What we need | Syracusefan.com

What we need

Dts rbs desperately.

We have two RBs committed. I'd like to see maybe one DT picked up, but at this point we haven't hit on any targets at that position. It should be noted that Josh Black is also going to be a DT next year. I think the staff will be trying to find more dlineman in general before the cycle is over. I'd expect 2-3 between DT and DE. Might also try targeting another C prospect with Sampson out. Will be interesting to see what the staff does the rest of the way, but I have full faith that they will get it done.

We have two RBs committed. I'd like to see maybe one DT picked up, but at this point we haven't hit on any targets at that position. It should be noted that Josh Black is also going to be a DT next year. I think the staff will be trying to find more dlineman in general before the cycle is over. I'd expect 2-3 between DT and DE. Might also try targeting another C prospect with Sampson out. Will be interesting to see what the staff does the rest of the way, but I have full faith that they will get it done.

I assume that the move to bring in that kid from Michigan [Carlos V] who signed yesterday was about the staff bringing in another interior lineman to replace Sampson.

I assume that the move to bring in that kid from Michigan [Carlos V] who signed yesterday was about the staff bringing in another interior lineman to replace Sampson.

I assume that as well, but I think if they can get on another kid they like we could see another interior guy picked up in this class. Oline is the most underrated position to have good depth and we just retired Clausman. Babers also mentioned something about possibly another LB in this class. It could be Jack Smith, but I don't know where he stands right now with having a committable offer or not.

Seemed to me we were always going to bring in a 4th lineman and Carlos V was pretty highly recruited. Had more P5 offers than Sampson did. I don't believe his recruitment had anything to do with Sampson.

Needs imo, RB and DL.

Seemed to me we were always going to bring in a 4th lineman and Carlos V was pretty highly recruited. Had more P5 offers than Sampson did. I don't believe his recruitment had anything to do with Sampson.

Needs imo, RB and DL.
Agree and wouldn't mind a DL guy who is a Juco or 5th year who is ready for game snaps coming in...

No chance we bring in two more DTs.

Yeah not a deep position. I guess they are ok for now. They have what Harper, Grosvenor, Black, Ruff, and McKinley as non-seniors next season.

Definitely think we need 2 more 2 D-linemen. USF currently has 5 DL who signed and 3 more verbals. Wonder if we go after Barber?

Pretty sure the reason for the heavy numbers in terms of offers at LB and DE is anticipating that a few guys will be able to add enough mass to slide down (ie from LB to DE) and inside (from DE to DT). They're offering at DT guys that can move, clearly want guys who can get off and blow up their gap.

id like to see us make a push for Matt Alaimo

Not sure if Alaimo is in the cards, but SU is thin at TE.
Ravian Pierce is going into his senior year, Aaron Hackett will be a redshirt freshman, and Gabe Horan a true freshman.
I can't tell what position Chris Elmore is going to settle into but it doesn't seem like TE.

Not sure if Alaimo is in the cards, but SU is thin at TE.
Ravian Pierce is going into his senior year, Aaron Hackett will be a redshirt freshman, and Gabe Horan a true freshman.
I can't tell what position Chris Elmore is going to settle into but it doesn't seem like TE.
I thought pierce had 3 yrs to play here

Let's say it's 8 spots left:

RB (Dixon)
RB (Jordan)
DT
DT
DE
TE
DB
C

I think if the staff takes another O lineman that it will be a JUCO OT. Everything about Carlos V. screams to me that he was the backfill for Sampson and it didn't seem like the staff was pursuing any other prep linemen that I could see. There was activity with JUCO OT's though.

RB is covered as long as the 2 you named stick, which it seems they should. Would love to see another RB though. I just don't feel we have the talent on the roster to have the proper depth at the position right now and I'm not sold on Stritz staying at RB either.

Which leads to DB - if Stritz were to move to DB and you take another RB (let's say the Salahudin pipe dream works in our favor), then you probably don't need another DB considering the recruits landed in the past 2 classes plus what returns on the depth chart.

I agree with TE, 1 DT, 2 RB's, and then I want to see a JUCO OT, 2 DE's and either a DB/RB depending on what happens with Stritz. And DB I'd prefer to see another tall athletic corner that could grow into a FS if need be. I really like that the staff is doing a good job of bringing in high level recruits that can play multiple positions. Makes us so much more versatile.

He's not

Yeah, it sounds like Rutgers is in the lead. (Who drops Pitt in favor of Rutgers? Odd.)

Wonder if he's still planning to play football and baseball.
Eh, moot point.

Remember the Alaimo

d89cc5707cd8311489bf1566cc897467c59f3b4899b75a7fea650ef52d3e7d84.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors