What were Frank and Marek doing on transition | Syracusefan.com

What were Frank and Marek doing on transition

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Should be benched next game.

Frank was 15 feet ahead of Rex P, and Marek was even with him. And yet at the end he had a clear and easy lay up, because Frank and Marek quit.

Lazy lazy lazy, plays with little passion or energy, especially taking the ball down. Not a fan of his style.

Look at the difference in stride lengths.

DS5AAHUV4AA5TnW.jpg:large

This is overblown. Unfortunately, players get caught ball watching in that situation quite often. It's a mental lapse.

I would like to know why Battle doesnt get back, ever? On that last play he did track it down, but the offensive player never should have gotten behind him. Happened Wednesday on a long, crap three against Wake. I'll chalk it up to ball watching also, but someone needs to put a bug in his ear that he either needs to go after the ball, or get back.

This is overblown. Unfortunately, players get caught ball watching in that situation quite often. It's a mental lapse.

I would like to know why Battle doesnt get back, ever? On that last play he did track it down, but the offensive player never should have gotten behind him. Happened Wednesday on a long, crap three against Wake. I'll chalk it up to ball watching also, but someone needs to put a bug in his ear that he either needs to go after the ball, or get back.

Heavily disagree. Not overblown. That’s a scenario where if you get back on defense, you save the game.

Both Howard and Dolejaz were coasting back on that last play. Inexcusable when the game is in the balance.

That’s basketball 101. If you’re not going to crash the boards hard in that scenario, then get the hell back on D.

Heavily disagree. Not overblown. That’s a scenario where if you get back on defense, you save the game.

Both Howard and Dolejaz were coasting back on that last play. Inexcusable when the game is in the balance.

That’s basketball 101. If you’re not going to crash the boards hard in that scenario, then get the hell back on D.

I didnt say they were in the right. I said players get caught ball watching all the time. It happens. I dont attribute it to laziness or a lack of effort. I attribute it to a mental lapse, which these kids have plenty of. I commend the player who scored the follow-up for not getting lost in the moment, tracking the play, and getting the put back.

I didnt say they were in the right. I said players get caught ball watching all the time. It happens. I dont attribute it to laziness or a lack of effort. I attribute it to a mental lapse, which these kids have plenty of. I commend the player who scored the follow-up for not getting lost in the moment, tracking the play, and getting the put back.

Not buying that. Not when this team’s effort and hustle were off the charts earlier this season. They were winning almost every 50/50 ball, hitting the deck, etc.

And now suddenly 40% of the players on the floor don’t get back on defense in a crucial late game situation and it’s a “mental lapse?”

Come on. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t praise them when they hustle but fail to critique them when they give up on a play.

idk the answer to your question but it looks like Battle will be back folks. no other choice honestly

Frank/Marek were both at fault on that sequence - but agree that Battle tends to get a pass around here for bad decisions/poor effort on his part... as he said after last game, he's got to be better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom