What Would John Syracuse Do? (WWJSD?) | Syracusefan.com

What Would John Syracuse Do? (WWJSD?)

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
I have heard tell of a legend, of a John Syracuse who always knew the right thing, and always did the right thing, and who used to be a leader/prophet in the Land of the Orange. When I joined this board many years ago, he was mentioned upon occasion, and I once asked, "Is this man real? Or is he myth?" From the various answers I received, it seems that he is both.

And so, during this dark time with Winter Coming, I took stock of myself and, lo, I was repugnant. And I wondered, if John Syracuse were among us, if he gathered us around his campfire, how would he speak to us? And I imagined it would be something like this:

Men of the Orange! Fans of the Orange!
I see in your eyes the same fear that would squeeze the juice from me. You fear the Orange will broach the place of DOOM where neither man nor zesty fruit can return unscathed: the N * I * T! Nay, a season may come when our team and courage will fail! But it is not this season! A season may come when we forsake our syracusefan.com brethren and break all bonds of fellowship! But it is not this season! An hour of wolves and ferret faces and shattered zones comes crashing down! BUT IT IS NOT THIS SEASON!

This season we fight!
By all that you hold dear on this Dome floor, on this good earth, I bid you stand!
People of the Peel!

Ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!

So, that's kind of what I imagined, and it warmed my cockles a little, and my loins were thusly girded, and I feel I can face the next game. But for those who truly knew him, what do you think his wisdom might be?

I have heard tell of a legend, of a John Syracuse who always knew the right thing, and always did the right thing, and who used to be a leader/prophet in the Land of the Orange. When I joined this board many years ago, he was mentioned upon occasion, and I once asked, "Is this man real? Or is he myth?" From the various answers I received, it seems that he is both.

And so, during this dark time with Winter Coming, I took stock of myself and, lo, I was repugnant. And I wondered, if John Syracuse were among us, if he gathered us around his campfire, how would he speak to us? And I imagined it would be something like this:

I see in your eyes the same fear that would squeeze the juice from me. You fear the Orange will broach the place of DOOM where neither man nor zesty fruit can return unscathed: the N * I * T! Nay, a season may come when our team and courage will fail! But it is not this season! A season may come when we forsake our syracusefan.com brethren and break all bonds of fellowship! But it is not this season! An hour of wolves and ferret faces and shattered zones comes crashing down! BUT IT IS NOT THIS SEASON!

This season we fight!
By all that you hold dear on this Dome floor, on this good earth, I bid you stand!
People of the Peel!

Ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!

So, that's kind of what I imagined, and it warmed my cockles a little, and my loins were thusly girded, and I feel I can face the next game. But for those who truly knew him, what do you think his wisdom might be?

LOL...good stuff...really good stuff.

I don't know about all that but could sure go for some cockle warming.
I'll give the same response that I gave in the Yukon point spread post: I wouldn't touch that with a 39 and a half foot pole.

I don't think John Syracuse would give this little crisis a sniff. MF was slaying demons back in '11-'12. A few early seasons losses probably wouldn't move the meters a whole lot for him. As for your warm cockles and girded loins, I'm pretty sure that's illegal here, but hey, whatever pops your clutch.

This season we fight!
People of the Peel!

Ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!

please send this to jb and the team and remember '96

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom