what would Russell Wilson or Ryan Tannehill | Syracusefan.com

what would Russell Wilson or Ryan Tannehill

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
have looked like playing for syracuse the last few years? There seems to be a lot of negative remarks about Nassib on this board. A lot of doubts. Fair enough. I have them as well. But there can be no doubt that the kid came up big for the Orange time after time the last few years. He is very smart. He is very tough. Jon Grudan, who knows at least as much as the posters on this board about football, thinks he is a winner and should be the first qb taken. What would some of these other guys have looked like playing here?

3...2...1... Millhouse goooo...
yes, millhouse might be upset that I didn't concede that he knows more about football than Grudan but I just can't make that jump.

have looked like playing for syracuse the last few years? There seems to be a lot of negative remarks about Nassib on this board. A lot of doubts. Fair enough. I have them as well. But there can be no doubt that the kid came up big for the Orange time after time the last few years. He is very smart. He is very tough. Jon Grudan, who knows at least as much as the posters on this board about football, thinks he is a winner and should be the first qb taken. What would some of these other guys have looked like playing here?

Well I know one thing, Nassib didn't have the talent the Wilson or Tannehill supporting him that they had, and the same could be said about Smith, Manuel, Barkley, or Jones.

Some people built of a myth and agenda around how bad he was and could never conceed that Nassib was much better than they. He obviously improved, the offense as a whole got better in terms of talent, depth, and execution. Also going with the NASCAR package as the base leveraged Nassib's skill set and created advantages that he was able to exploit.

Russell Wilson would've looked really good because he's really good. Only Tom O'Brien can contain that guy

I'm not sold on Tannehill one bit

yes, millhouse might be upset that I didn't concede that he knows more about football than Grudan but I just can't make that jump.
he has as much experience as a GM as I do.

Tannehill Tannehill he's our man! If he can't do it! No one can!

But really as a phins fan who watched each game last year, I'm sold. He has the tools and talent, as well as leadership skills. I'm invested in him as our QB. He's not Dan Marino, but he'll continue to improve.

i hope gruden's right, especially if the bills take him

but gruden is a meathead. i'll never forget the cam newton gruden camp where gruden grilled him over auburn using simple play calls instead of 69 bufu niner this that and the other thing

meanwhile the patriots tear up the league every year wtih simple playcalls and but some dink with a haircut from supertouchers thinks it's important to make everything complicated

most people thought it made newton look bad but i think it made gruden look bad.

all that mumbo jumbo is a dumb waste of time. nfl coaches are beginning to get it. ex nfl coaches don't

Tannehill Tannehill he's our man! If he can't do it! No one can!

But really as a phins fan who watched each game last year, I'm sold. He has the tools and talent, as well as leadership skills.
Admit it, you just like his wife. ;-)

The fact Nassib engineered numerous 4th quarter come from behind victories is going to serve him well tonight. I hope he goes as high as possible and makes a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Played Russel Wilson in Little League baseball when I was 10ish... He stole home before the pitch got there. Needless to say, as much as I love Ryan, Russel is superior. That's no knock on Nassib seeing as Wilson was a phenomenal quarterback that people were only passing up due to his height and he is making the rest of the league pay dearly. As a Rams fan, I hate that he's a Seahawk because I want to the local boy (to me) succeed.

I'm not sold on Tannehill one bit

I am. Kid will be a very good player once they improve OL and get some legit weapons that teams need to game plan for defensively.

Admit it, you just like his wife. ;-)
She's the only reason I watched last season's "Hard Knocks"

Also...WHAT THE HELL BUFFALO?

EJ MANUEL?

GOD DAMNIT.

Played Russel Wilson in Little League baseball when I was 10ish... He stole home before the pitch got there.
What kind of little league coach sends a ten year old to steal home?

How many SU passing records does Nassib hold? How many records in all? That's enough for me. The kid has talent and heart and will be successful at the next level given the right opportunity. We should be supporting him. Heck, I'm sure he has longer arms than Pugh. That has to count for something. ;)

Played Russel Wilson in Little League baseball when I was 10ish... He stole home before the pitch got there. Needless to say, as much as I love Ryan, Russel is superior. That's no knock on Nassib seeing as Wilson was a phenomenal quarterback that people were only passing up due to his height and he is making the rest of the league pay dearly. As a Rams fan, I hate that he's a Seahawk because I want to the local boy (to me) succeed.

How many times do we see draft "guru's" latch on to one perceived sub par measurement only for the player to prove them dead wrong? Drew Brees was way too short to play QB as well.

I'm typing this on Justin Pugh's behalf because I'm not sure he could reach his keyboard to type but if his arms were 2 inches longer he 100% could type with his keyboard on the ground while standing.

My prediction (and you can criticize or worship me at the end of the season)

Tannehill: 4,100 yards 26 TDs 18 interceptions.

A winning one. What kind of little league coach can't teach his pitcher to throw out a runner stealing home?
When I played little league there was a coach that would send the runners on everything because he knew that at that level of play chances are the kids couldn't handle the relay and make the tag. The one time he held the kids up it was because he wanted to give his son the chance to hit with the bases loaded.

I remembered that. Classless. Later that season I was playing short stop when his kid stole second. My tag accidentally punched him in the face, losing the ball so he was called safe. I pretty blatantly tripped him shortly after the next ball in play as he headed to third. He took a pretty good digger. His dad was not pleased. I got a warning.

Next time I was at bat, the Dad called time and changed pitchers. Not surprisingly, I was hit by a pitch that at bat. My Dad is not an angry man, but he may have murdered that coach if not for the intervention of other concerned parents. The coach got tossed. He was clearly an idiot.

It was all pretty awesome.

Anyway, the point is, youth sports teach competition, but they should also teach fundamentals and good sportsmanship. There is zero reason to send a guy to steal home in a game full of 10 year old kids. Where's the teaching of fundamentals and sportsmanship in that?

When I played little league there was a coach that would send the runners on everything because he knew that at that level of play chances are the kids couldn't handle the relay and make the tag. The one time he held the kids up it was because he wanted to give his son the chance to hit with the bases loaded.

I remembered that. Classless. Later that season I was playing short stop when his kid stole second. My tag accidentally punched him in the face, losing the ball so he was called safe. I pretty blatantly tripped him shortly after the next ball in play as he headed to third. He took a pretty good digger. His dad was not pleased. I got a warning.

Next time I was at bat, the Dad called time and changed pitchers. Not surprisingly, I was hit by a pitch that at bat. My Dad is not an angry man, but he may have murdered that coach if not for the intervention of other concerned parents. The coach got tossed. He was clearly an idiot.

Anyway, the point is, youth sports teach competition, but they should also teach fundamentals and good sportsmanship. There is zero reason to send a guy to steal home in a game full of 10 year old kids. Where's the teaching of fundamentals and sportsmanship in that?

this is why russell wilson is a superstar and you are not even a zooperstar.

this is why russell wilson is a superstar and you are not even a zooperstar.
Look, when you need the money and it's either that or selling your blood plasma, spending a few hours at an event dressed as Deermitris Nichols isn't all that bad.

You should've charged the mound and then turned and went after that guys kid and/or launched your next throw from shortstop at that coach. I had a helluva temper when I was in little league.

Seriously though, I do remember a dad/coach from little league. Guy was always way too into it and yelling at kids and umpires. We played his team one game and the ump didn't show up so they asked my father to fill in. Now granted my father usually refused to ump my games to avoid any drama but there wasn't an option so he said ok. So the dbag dad's son is pitching and was trying to throw 90mph but couldn't get close to the plate. After he walked 3 guys on maybe 15 pitches this coach was over the top yelling at my father. My dad calls time, walks over and hands him the mask and clicker and says fine you can find someone else to call the game and goes and sits in the bleachers. The game was delayed about 15 mins until they talked my dad back into umping on the basis of that dude having to leave. Bet that guy felt amazing that he got his son's game delayed all while both sets of fans looked at him like the d bag he was.

You should've charged the mound and then turned and went after that guys kid and/or launched your next throw from shortstop at that coach. I had a helluva temper when I was in little league.

Seriously though, I do remember a dad/coach from little league. Guy was always way too into it and yelling at kids and umpires. We played his team one game and the ump didn't show up so they asked my father to fill in. Now granted my father usually refused to ump my games to avoid any drama but there wasn't an option so he said ok. So the dbag dad's son is pitching and was trying to throw 90mph but couldn't get close to the plate. After he walked 3 guys on maybe 15 pitches this coach was over the top yelling at my father. My dad calls time, walks over and hands him the mask and clicker and says fine you can find someone else to call the game and goes and sits in the bleachers. The game was delayed about 15 mins until they talked my dad back into umping on the basis of that dude having to leave. Bet that guy felt amazing that he got his son's game delayed all while both sets of fans looked at him like the d bag he was.
That's exactly why teaching good sportsmanship is so important at that level. People get emotional. I was a dirtbag to the guy's kid, but I don't start thinking that's a good strategy if his dad doesn't send runners constantly because kids at that level can't execute defense against it consistently. The adults need to set the tone there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom