What WR/TE recruit are you most excited about? | Syracusefan.com

What WR/TE recruit are you most excited about?

Who are you most excited for?

• KJ Williams

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Corey Cooper

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Jamal Custis

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Corey Winfield

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
I gotta say it's close between Cooper and Custis but I'll go with Custis because we need a return to TE production.

*I am leaving Ishmael off because he's not yet committed, though I think/hope he will!

Post for Sean Avant.

Gotta go with Cooper but Ishmael would be top this list for me. He just oozes smoothness. Watching his video he reminded me of an SEC caliber WR.

Custis, and Enoicy if he comes, because I like guys who are 6-5, and 6-6 who can run over people.

I gotta say it's close between Cooper and Custis but I'll go with Custis because we need a return to TE production.

*I am leaving Ishmael off because he's not yet committed, though I think/hope he will!

Post for Sean Avant.

This guy:

kjwilliams_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to go with the conventional after the fact bias, whichever one sets foot on campus ready to contribute year one. We really need somebody to contribute early, ideally even more than what we got from Estime this year.

The guy I think most likely to do that, is Corey Cooper. He is a year older, stronger and will be on campus earliest.

The guy long-term with the most potential on the outside is probably K.J. Williams (he isn't the highest rated guy for nothing) and if Custis can make the transition (if they even want him to move to TE)

What I am really the most excited about, is that in 2 years, our WR corps should be 2 of these guys (and/or Ishmael) on the outside, with Estime in the slot, and possibly Custis at TE. That on paper right now, is a crap ton of weapons for Hunt's senior year, or whichever QB may end up beating him out.

Custis looks like an athlete but KJ to me looks like an absolute beast of a wideout. He is some one who attacks the ball in the air unlike any reciever we have had since mike williams I'd say. Plus if they are planning on moving Custis and Enoicy to TE then wont they need to put on some weight before we see them?

I like them all, they all bring something a little different to the table. Staff really did a bang up job recruiting this position for the 2014 class.

Gun to my head? Ishmael is my guy.

Custis looks like an athlete but KJ to me looks like an absolute beast of a wideout. He is some one who attacks the ball in the air unlike any reciever we have had since mike williams I'd say. Plus if they are planning on moving Custis and Enoicy to TE then wont they need to put on some weight before we see them?

Of course but they got a little time.

I'm honestly all for finding us a hybrid TE. I'd love for AB to move over to that position.

Honestly and most will laugh... Macauley Hill. He had a nice spring game before his injury. Sure, I like the underdog.

Honestly and most will laugh... Macauley Hill. He had a nice spring game before his injury. Sure, I like the underdog.
you've been outed, dan tortora!

Feel like Cooper is going to shock some people here.

Feel like Cooper is going to shock some people here.
He was my vote. Seriously, a guy with his offers, an extra semester to mature in prep school, and a full spring to get up to speed due to midyear enrollment. Can't wait to see what he can do.