What you allow is what will continue... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What you allow is what will continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt that he cares. What bothers me is he sometimes gives up when something doesn't go his way and other times he tries to do more than he is capable of. Play within yourself while simultaneously playing with high effort.
There are players that are much better natural athletes and better conditioned that would struggle with Girards workload. Forget about defenses keying on him. Criticizing his effort is BS.

Wrong player of course to force feed primary ball handling responsibilities to for 3 years and have as our go to scorer this year.

I went nuts during the Richmond game when the ball was stolen from him and he just stood there while the guy that stole it ran down for a layup while a teammate sprinted back on defense. Then we get the block and JG3 isn't down to grab the ball because he was too busy pouting.
Guess you didn't notice Joe those times when he scored 31 pts to win that game.

Guess you didn't notice Joe those times when he scored 31 pts to win that game.
I certainly did. And I knew someone would bring that up. Scoring is what Joe likes to do. When he thinks he can he hustles. When he doesn't he frequently chooses to stand around. Scoring doesn't give you a pass to be lazy, especially when it was you who turned the ball over.

Last edited:
There are players that are much better natural athletes and better conditioned that would struggle with Girards workload. Forget about defenses keying on him. Criticizing his effort is BS.

Wrong player of course to force feed primary ball handling responsibilities to for 3 years and have as our go to scorer this year.
Nonsense. When your pocket is picked and you literally just stand there while a teammate hustles back to get the block, there's no excuse. Joe isn't Carmelo Anthony. His workload isn't such that he should be taking plays off, or at least it shouldn't be. If he needs to rest, he can do it sitting on the bench for a few minutes, not while standing on the court.

Last edited:
Nonsense. When your pocket is picked and you literally just stand there while a teammate hustles back to get the block, there's no excuse. Joe isn't Carmelo Anthony. His workload isn't such that he should be taking plays off, or at least is shouldn't be. If he needs to rest, he can do it sitting on the bench for a few minutes, not while standing on the court.
It feels like hes played every minute of every game since he stepped on campus.

JB didn't want another shooting guard on the roster because that would be a threat to Buddy.

Way too much has been asked of him.

It feels like hes played every minute of every game since he stepped on campus.

JB didn't want another shooting guard on the roster because that would be a threat to Buddy.

Way too much has been asked of him.
Yeah, too much has been asked of him. And sometimes he gets crazy hot and is a great scorer. And he also hasn't been held accountable for certain aspects of the game other guys are held accountable for.

I refuse to bash JG3, or any of the players. They’re put into those roles and allocated those duties by the man at the helm. Not their fault.

Meh.

He’s a 21 year old in his fourth year as a high major basketball player. It shouldn’t be incumbent on Boeheim to make sure he stays in shape, or not take bullsht heat checks two ticks into the shot clock.

But Boeheim bears a lot of the blame for his play for sure.

Meh.

He’s a 21 year old in his fourth year as a high major basketball player. It shouldn’t be incumbent on Boeheim to make sure he stays in shape, or not take bullsht heat checks two ticks into the shot clock.

But Boeheim bears a lot of the blame for his play for sure.
No, JB can’t force him to get in shape or not take bs heat checks, but he can punish him by limiting his PT & sitting his arse down when he’s not producing.
And correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a freshman PG who was getting spotty PT & ended up transferring to Seton Hall because according to JB, he “needed to get in better shape”? Why the double standard?
The lack of defined and absolute principles has gotten worse, and it’s mostly due to the HC. The rope is longer for some, more than others. JMHO

No, JB can’t force him to get in shape or not take bs heat checks, but he can punish him by limiting his PT & sitting his arse down when he’s not producing.
And correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a freshman PG who was getting spotty PT & ended up transferring to Seton Hall because according to JB, he “needed to get in better shape”? Why the double standard?
The lack of defined and absolute principles has gotten worse, and it’s mostly due to the HC. The rope is longer for some, more than others. JMHO
I actually think JB could force him to get in shape. I think other coaches run their programs in a manner where they do things like that. But JB has a reputation for expecting guys to take care of their own business. That was all fine when we had elite talent. It doesn't work as well when we don't.

I refuse to bash JG3, or any of the players. They’re put into those roles and allocated those duties by the man at the helm. Not their fault.
There’s another timeline where Joe went somewhere else and developed into a truly great college player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom