what you want to see saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

what you want to see saturday

As Coach P once stated when he was coach at Syracuse: "I was born at night, but not last night" (it was the first time I'd heard that expression).

He has seen what teams with a defense as weak as Rhode Island did to our offense by playing 9 in the box and pressuring Nassib. Even though it's not UConn's usual style, I would be totally shocked if the Huskies don't do the same.

A couple of things I would like to see:
1. An ability to move the ball on offense against a pressure defense.
2. Not giving up the big play on defense.
3. Control the LOS on both sides of the ball.
4. Stop shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties and mistakes.

5+ yards per attempt on first down by whatever means are necessary.

Stuff the UConn run game.

Fishy crying on TV.

A win

Come out THROWING the ball

Lots of faces getting touches on offense

400 Yds

Special teams score

- A WIN BY AT LEAST 10

- some aggressive play calling early before we are down by 2 scores

- west and stevens involved

- better coverage and ball skills by our corners and penetration by our defensive front

- WAKE over ND

- LSU OVER BAMA...WHAT A GAME!

GO CUSE...

so my fingers don't freeze when I inevitably forget to bring gloves.

"Oh well here, take this extra pair of gloves, my hands are starting to get a little sweaty"

Same as many others have said, a win.

The only other thing that matters is ending the game with no new injuries.

A win.
No serious injuries.
Nothing more.

I have become comfortable, at this point, with this just being one of those agonizing, grind-it-out every game kind of seasons. West Virginia was a nice gift.

A Husky Cheerleader wardrobe malfunction.

Oh and a win.

Just ADJUST properly against the pressure defense. If they stuff the run, throw it over them & score lot's of yards & points!

A win.
No serious injuries.
Nothing more.

I have become comfortable, at this point, with this just being one of those agonizing, grind-it-out every game kind of seasons. West Virginia was a nice gift.

It certainly beats the getting pounded every game seasons we had under Robinson... I'll take this, in a doggie bag, please...

I want to see Syracuse come out fired up and to play with some emotion. I want strong special teams play to set the tone from the opening kick off. In the end i want to see Doug shake P's hand pat him on the back and head home bowl bound

I'd like to see a breakout game from Chew. He's been invisible all season.
Watching him in the Louisville game especially, he did not seem to be as quick as last season before his injury. I wonder if he still isn't comfortable running and breaking, or if he is still hurting somewhat. I have never had a hernia so I have no idea what it feels like, but he sure as heck doesn't have the stride he did last season.

A win
Long drives, ending in scores for CUSE
A healthy team at the end of the day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors