What! | Syracusefan.com

What!

Hoov50

Starter
Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that our three injured defensive players are sitting in the stands and not supporting their teammates from the sideline?

Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that our three injured defensive players are sitting in the stands and not supporting their teammates from the sideline?
I might be wrong but I think that's standard.

It's more ridiculous that we're tied with an average at best high school team at this juncture.

I might be wrong but I think that's standard.
Standard for SU? I was watching the UGA-SC earlier and UGA good LB who is hurt was on the sidelines on crutches. You could be right, but I still do not like it.

Standard for SU? I was watching the UGA-SC earlier and UGA good LB who is hurt was on the sidelines on crutches. You could be right, but I still do not like it.
I could be wrong but I remember this coming up last year and it was the same thing. I don't think injured players are allowed on the sideline...but maybe someone closer to the team can confirm that.

Maybe they're trying to pump up attendance.

Marrone's policy.

HCDM said it had to do with the limited space on the sidelines. I seem to remember Catalina being an exception, but he was also wearing headphones and acting in some capacity.

I hate the whole idea. It reeks of the mindset that some coaches have regarding injured players not being allowed on the sidelines...as though they are being punished for it.

They should be on the sidelines wearing street clothes plus their jerseys. If there is enough room for them when they are healthy, there is enough room for them when they are injured.

Plus, if you have decided not to give the specific injury or the severity of it, why have them on the sidelines where that information might become apparent (ie crutches).

I would love to have them on the sidelines for encouragement and being able to tutor younger players. Theoretically though, that is what the staff is for.

SUOrange44

Yeah, I don't like having them on the sidelines but I completely understand Doug's reasoning for NOT having them there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom