What's cuse ranked Monday? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's cuse ranked Monday?

Without looking at rankings, a positive is that we continue to move up on the bracket matrix. Last week before the Pitt game we were #35 and a 9 seed. We have now moved up to #32 and an 8 seed.

I look at that fifth line, and I still see that as a reasonable target for this team

NET has them and B12 as the best conferences. ACC as #4.

The Big Ten has 11 of the top 58 teams in the NET (78%) which is a very high number. It allows them to beat on each other and not get penalized. The ACC only has 9 (60%). Furthermore the ACC has 3 teams in the 100s, while the Big Ten only has 1.

If you look at something like KP the difference is much closer. But the point being, the numerical systems really like the B10 this year because they played great in November and December. This is after they really sucked last year.
Where did you find the NET conference rankings? Can you link? I can't find it. Thanks.

They are trying to rank 350 teams. You put in arbitrary exceptions like that and even more jibberish will come out.
I know. It was a joke. With that said, an amazing metric that incorrectly ranks teams isn't a good metric. It should be adjusted.

JB wants to keep these guys mad. He used that 17 point line against Duke to good effect. Now he can say “not a single coach in America thinks you’re any good.”

Oh, I've got that. The OP talked about conference NET rankings. I don't believe the NCAA publishes that.

Looks like he just went by number/percentage of teams in the top 58 (why 58?) rather than a weighted average, if I had to venture a guess.

Just from a cursory glance, the ACC is much more top heavy while the middle-bottom of the Big 10 is stronger.

Looks like he just went by number/percentage of teams in the top 58 (why 58?) rather than a weighted average, if I had to venture a guess.

Just from a cursory glance, the ACC is much more top heavy while the middle-bottom of the Big 10 is stronger.
Could be. The RPI does have the ACC as the 4th ranked conference, though.

So if you throw out the best team and only count the other teams' conference records, Syracuse's opponents don't look that impressive (and forget about the fact that Syracuse caused 9 of those losses). :rolleyes:

I'm having a stats brain fart. Please explain if we have 7 wins in conference at the moment, how we have simultaneously contributed to 9 of those losses that Donna provided in her compilation? Is this another Kevin Bacon type situation. ;):)

I'm having a stats brain fart. Please explain if we have 7 wins in conference at the moment, how we have simultaneously contributed to 9 of those losses that Donna provided in her compilation? Is this another Kevin Bacon type situation. ;):)
Good call. I just went off of the winning 9 of the last 11 stat, not considering that the first couple were out of conference. It just struck me that Donna, who I like, was doing her best to make Syracuse's record to seem as unimpressive as possible. FWIW, I'm not that upset about SU not being ranked with our record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom