What's funny in a really sad sort of way... | Syracusefan.com

What's funny in a really sad sort of way...

pearl31

in cahoots
…is how some folks on here have no problem (even seeming to take joy in) denigrating our coach and players, while going to great lengths to praise a scumbag program like ucon.
…is how some folks on here show this faux outrage at some of us for expressing our disgust for a ucon fanbase who openly mocks and despises our program—even going as far as asserting that expression of disgust is the reason for ucon's latest lucky run—and that the latest lucky run somehow proves we were wrong to express disgust for a fanbase that continues to cheer for anything bad that happens to SU.
It kind of boggles my mind.

Can we realize most of college athletics is corrupted and not put down any programs please? It makes us seem bitter.

Either assume the best out of all or assume the worst.

…is how some folks on here have no problem (even seeming to take joy in) denigrating our coach and players, while going to great lengths to praise a scumbag program like ucon.
…is how some folks on here show this faux outrage at some of us for expressing our disgust for a ucon fanbase who openly mocks and despises our program—even going as far as asserting that expression of disgust is the reason for ucon's latest lucky run—and that the latest lucky run somehow proves we were wrong to express disgust for a fanbase that continues to cheer for anything bad that happens to SU.

Couldn't agree more, pearl

This sounds a lot like many here on this board. Are we that sensitive that we get worked up to the point to do exactly what they do? Do two wrongs make a right? To me, it seems juvenile and silly. I'm not a Uconn fan, but credit has to be given, even if you do call it "lucky". As far as denigrating our coaches and players, that is simply ridiculous behavior. Those people should be shamed of themselves.

I am assuming that you are talking about the poster who bragged about selling his Buffalo tickets before the brackets were announced. Lol

Why should UConn respect us when we don't respect them? Everything we bitch about them saying is the exact same way we talk about them. The two fan bases are basically the same .. a collection of good posters and a whole slew of asshats who crap on the other guy whenever they can.

One fan bases has 30 win seasons, the other has multiple rings.

The two fan bases are basically the same .. a collection of good posters and a whole slew of asshats who crap on the other guy whenever they can.
Yeah, sure. Like the "collection of good posters" that play nice on here while gleefully sh__ting on all things SU over at their cesspool?
Really, though, my post wasn't about those ucon dipsh1ts. It's about the multiple posters around here who let loose with reckless abandon on the players and coaches of the team they supposedly root for while admonishing others who dare say anything bad about ucon. It's laughable.

ggg
Can we realize most of college athletics is corrupted and not put down any programs please? It makes us seem bitter.

Either assume the best out of all or assume the worst.
That is ridiculous thinking. Some people are bad in nature. Should we not comment on them and just assume all people are bad?

This sounds a lot like many here on this board. Are we that sensitive that we get worked up to the point to do exactly what they do? Do two wrongs make a right? To me, it seems juvenile and silly. I'm not a Uconn fan, but credit has to be given, even if you do call it "lucky". As far as denigrating our coaches and players, that is simply ridiculous behavior. Those people should be shamed of themselves.

I am assuming that you are talking about the poster who bragged about selling his Buffalo tickets before the brackets were announced. Lol

It isn't so much that they laugh at our failures in various sports, or even their hope that the ACC falls apart and we end up at the kid's table, for me it's the fact that many of their fans have posted gleeful predictions that SU as a university will ultimately have to shut due to changes in higher education, the economy and costs.

They were just as miserable during our run last year as we are now. That's normal and not personal,it's just part of sports. But their fan base takes that to a level beyond anywhere we've gone.

go root for uconn will you. You have no idea how little you know about our program and their program.

I'm not a Uconn fan, not even close, I'm just realistic.

I'd rather admit that right now, they are winning rings and we are not, than...

"oh they're doomed for failure in the AAC"
"Just another mid major"
"Why should we respect this team"

etc. etc.

There's a difference between a real fan and a homer. I hope eventually Syracuse starts finding the ability to peak in March like Uconn has be often capable of doing in the past 10-15 years.

I'm not a Uconn fan, not even close, I'm just realistic.

I'd rather admit that right now, they are winning rings and we are not, than...

"oh they're doomed for failure in the AAC"
"Just another mid major"
"Why should we respect this team"

etc. etc.

There's a difference between a real fan and a homer. I hope eventually Syracuse starts finding the ability to peak in March like Uconn has be often capable of doing in the past 10-15 years.

Why should I respect them? Their fan base had little to do with their program's extraordinary accomplishments so they aren't really worthy of admiration. And technically they aren't in a P5 conference and unless the B1G comes calling (which they might to get Connecticut cable subscriptions) they won't be in a power conference.

We also just peaked in March las f****** year and were looking pretty good in a couple other years that were marred by AO's injury and having to rely on someone as unreliable as Fab.

Some of you guys want us to bow down to the programs you consider to be superior. Fans talk s*** about their rivals.

It isn't so much that they laugh at our failures in various sports, or even their hope that the ACC falls apart and we end up at the kid's table, for me it's the fact that many of their fans have posted gleeful predictions that SU as a university will ultimately have to shut due to changes in higher education, the economy and costs.

They were just as miserable during our run last year as we are now. That's normal and not personal,it's just part of sports. But their fan base takes that to a level beyond anywhere we've gone.

But who cares what they think or say? I just can't see working up your blood pressure over nothing.

But who cares what they think or say? I just can't see working up your blood pressure over nothing.

I'm pretty calm and coolheaded about the important stuff in life. This is what I let myself get worked up about. And the good times aren't great without a little misery thrown in.

Trueblue25 said:
I hope eventually Syracuse starts finding the ability to peak in March like Uconn has be often capable of doing in the past 10-15 years.

We peaked in March last year. Maybe 2012 also. I do realize though that that may be before you started following SU.

Even if FConn wins another ring, it's not like I'm going to give up and call them my daddy...
I just think they have had so much Tournament success because:
1. Jim Calhoun can evaluate BB talent like no one else, period.
And
2. Maybe the kind of guards they recruit every year is exactly the type of player condusive to winning in April...(e.g. Kemba, Shabazz)

Why should I respect them? Their fan base had little to do with their program's extraordinary accomplishments so they aren't really worthy of admiration. And technically they aren't in a P5 conference and unless the B1G comes calling (which they might to get Connecticut cable subscriptions) they won't be in a power conference.

We also just peaked in March las f****** year and were looking pretty good in a couple other years that were marred by AO's injury and having to rely on someone as unreliable as Fab.

Some of you guys want us to bow down to the programs you consider to be superior. Fans talk s*** about their rivals.
I'm a Red Sox fan, but I respect the heck out of Derek Jeter

I'm a Red Sox fan, but I respect the heck out of Derek Jeter
And there have been a number of ucon players I've respected through the years. Hell this year, from November on, I haven't hesitated in acknowledging Napier as the best PG in the nation.
I could never stand him, but I respect the he11 out of what Calhoun accomplished.
But when it comes to that fanbase...

Talk all the trash you want, it just sounds absolutely ridiculous calling them a mid major and acting like we're so above them. Hate on their fans, hate on whatever. I think their program, despite the probations/scandals w.e., has earned respect as has ours.

If you're telling me you don't respect players like Ray Allan, Emeka Okafor, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet (kidding kidding), Kemba and Shabazz...

Then I don't know

Trueblue25 said:
Talk all the trash you want, it just sounds absolutely ridiculous calling them a mid major and acting like we're so above them. Hate on their fans, hate on whatever. I think their program, despite the probations/scandals w.e., has earned respect as has ours. If you're telling me you don't respect players like Ray Allan, Emeka Okafor, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet (kidding kidding), Kemba and Shabazz... Then I don't know

You don't know what mid major means,

You don't know what mid major means,
Teams from athletic conferences which are not considered a power conference. I think mid major is a stupid term, often used incorrectly as an insult.

Uconn technically is now a "mid major", however, the technical definition is not the one that's thrown around here.

Teams from athletic conferences which are not considered a power conference. I think mid major is a stupid term, often used incorrectly as an insult.

Uconn technically is now a "mid major", however, the technical definition is not the one that's thrown around here.

It's a term of endearment.