What's funny in a really sad sort of way... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's funny in a really sad sort of way...

Talk all the trash you want, it just sounds absolutely ridiculous calling them a mid major and acting like we're so above them. Hate on their fans, hate on whatever. I think their program, despite the probations/scandals w.e., has earned respect as has ours.

If you're telling me you don't respect players like Ray Allan, Emeka Okafor, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet (kidding kidding), Kemba and Shabazz...

Then I don't know

They show a lot of pluck for a mid major.

My guess is that the Orange fans that interact with UConn the more likely they want UConn to fail. To me it's normal behavior weather it's on the interwebs or they live in the the same area as Husky fans. Not all the time mind you but to me reading the posts it seems like the verbal/written jabs are just part of the equation. I don't have the UConn hate so much because I don't have any annoying UConn people in my life nor do I go to their message board.

Last edited:
Does all this UCONN hate derive from when SU went on sanctions, UCONN a perennial doormat started getting recruits (i.e.. Donnyel Marshall) that otherwise would have gone to SU?

…is how some folks on here have no problem (even seeming to take joy in) denigrating our coach and players, while going to great lengths to praise a scumbag program like ucon.
…is how some folks on here show this faux outrage at some of us for expressing our disgust for a ucon fanbase who openly mocks and despises our program—even going as far as asserting that expression of disgust is the reason for ucon's latest lucky run—and that the latest lucky run somehow proves we were wrong to express disgust for a fanbase that continues to cheer for anything bad that happens to SU.
It kind of boggles my mind.

I am not sure if UCONN is a scumbag program or not. Not even sure what that means. All I know is they play the game on the court the right way. Kudos to them for coming out of nowhere and getting the job done. I hope our transition to Hop goes as well as their transition to Ollie.

The board spends too much time whining about UConn and Rutgers, etc. Time to eat crow.

Can we realize most of college athletics is corrupted and not put down any programs please? It makes us seem bitter.

Either assume the best out of all or assume the worst.
I agree.
Except for Georgetown.
They need to be trashed at every opportunity.

…is how some folks on here have no problem (even seeming to take joy in) denigrating our coach and players, while going to great lengths to praise a scumbag program like ucon.

I'm not in favor of denigrating coaches or players but I have no problem with criticism. Frankly I think some here are a little too thin-skinned when it comes to criticism directed towards coaches/players, but that is their prerogative I suppose.