What's Going On At Cornell LAX? | Syracusefan.com

What's Going On At Cornell LAX?

Duke gets stronger though. Danowski has found this different ways for years of enhancing his team. Kudos to him.

Rumor alert - The story circulating on LP, especially on the CU thread, was that DeLuca and the AD did not get along and the hazing incident gave the AD the excuse he needed to fire him. There's a lot of infighting among parents (alledgedly arising from who deserves how much PT and who doesn't) in that thread. I didn't read it closely enough to see if the parents' arguing meant CU also had factions among the players.

Rumor alert - The story circulating on LP, especially on the CU thread, was that DeLuca and the AD did not get along and the hazing incident gave the AD the excuse he needed to fire him. There's a lot of infighting among parents (alledgedly arising from who deserves how much PT and who doesn't) in that thread. I didn't read it closely enough to see if the parents' arguing meant CU also had factions among the players.
Based on everything else I have read, that makes sense. Thanks, Hoo.

I met the coach a couple years ago while I was visiting the school. Seemed like a nice guy. Very friendly to me and my wife and he didn't know us at all.

To be fair, I should give the alternative history as well.

The AD put up with DeLuca's crapola for a long time, possibly longer than he should have. The hazing incident was the last straw, and the AD had no alternative than to fire him. The people spreading the lies about CU in support of DeLuca are doing it because their sons were getting undeserved PT.

Last edited:
One theory that hasn't been discussed is that the AD fought for DeLuca and eventually lost to the BOT. The AD has a history of sticking by coaches -- particularly Donahue and Courtney (who's delivered the worst performance by the basketball team in Cornell history and still has a job). He would have known DeLuca very well before promoting him to HC after Tambroni left. I think the initial suspension was announced a week or so after the September meeting of the BOT in NYC. I think the firing was announced a couple of weeks after the BOT met in Ithaca. It's possible there was just too much going against the coach to survive.

No matter what, it's a bit of a mess right now.

No matter what, it's a bit of a mess right now.

Agree 100%. As much as you don't want stuff like this happening at all, the timeline of this nastiness has got to be a killer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom