What's going on with D. Waiters? | Syracusefan.com

What's going on with D. Waiters?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Where's his playing time going?

I mean for god sakes at any time the man could be the best or 2nd best man on the court.

Can the Cavs trade him already?

Kyrie sucks at defense so they should pair him with Shumpert who can defend. The Knicks desperately need a guard who isn't fat, a crackhead or "mad at the world".

Last edited:
Could Dion to the celtics for Avery Bradley be a possibility?

Or is Dion not worth what Avery is to the C's?

Dion and Crawford together would drive Stevens and all Celtics fans insane. Doubt he'd be someone they would want at this point...could see him landing somewhere like Milwaukee or Charlotte.

Kyrie sucks at defense so they should pair him with Shumpert who can defend. The Knicks desperately need a guard who isn't fat, a crackhead or "mad at the world".

Dion to the Knicks, please! For the love of God!

Dion is so knicks...

You don't want Dion.

Could Dion fit with Kobe in LA? or with MCW in Philly?

Dion is so knicks...

You don't want Dion.
He's the only guard we've been linked to and he's Infiniti times better than every guard we have not named THJR (who never plays due to Woodson's son).

Sidenote: Someone should have invoked the mercy rule with Grabdpa Pablo trying to guard Kyrie. Unfortunately he's our best defensive option because our other pg has a 100% body fat ratio.

Don't see it.

Kobe is Kobe. They also have decent guards who can score off the bench. Turner also > Dion.

I'm terrified if Dion goes to NY.

Maybe Brooklyn?

I just don't want the Knicks to be a Cuse dumpster fire.

Unfortunately for Waiters he has yet to prove himself more then a high usage inefficient chucker. He may well improve, but as the NBA pushes analytics (and is scared off by inefficient shooters), teams are less willing to invest heavily in this type of player

And Cleveland is still looking for a good return for a player they invested a high pick in just over a year ago. It may take some time for a transaction to take place.

Unfortunately for Waiters he has yet to prove himself more then a high usage inefficient chucker. He may well improve, but as the NBA pushes analytics (and is scared off by inefficient shooters), teams are less willing to invest heavily in this type of player

And Cleveland is still looking for a good return for a player they invested a high pick in just over a year ago. It may take some time for a transaction to take place.

Good post. He came off the bench which I'm fine with. Last few games he's been playing major minutes anyways. Didn't look overly quick out there and he turned it over with some really bad passes and over-dribbling all in the 1Q.

Mr waiters. Can I get the dunk special. With a side of FACIAL!

Dion and Crawford together would drive Stevens and all Celtics fans insane. Doubt he'd be someone they would want at this point...could see him landing somewhere like Milwaukee or Charlotte.

Please god not Milwaukee. That will be the last straw for me as a Bucks fan lol.

LA - noooope, Philly - Maybe, but idk how he fits with Evan Turner

I'm terrified if Dion goes to NY.

Maybe Brooklyn?

I just don't want the Knicks to be a Cuse dumpster fire.

Don't really know how he'd fit with the Nets, it'd be nice to have a young explosive guard, but I have no clue how they'd get him. The Knicks would be a terrible place for him.

I'd like to see Dion play with a pass first type of PG. Kyrie is a great talent but he's a black hole at times and I've never been a fan of PG's like this. If you look at championship teams, historically they have had a pass first PG who could score if needed but you wouldn't call them the #1 or #2 option for scoring.

imo, He could be good with the knicks.
Score first guard, with a post up guy like Anthony so he doesn't have to drive all the time, but can explosively when he wants to.

All he needs is a center who could knock down the 12 footer from the corner at a 60+% clip and a pf like anthony to open up the lane for him and he would fit in really nicely with them on the floor.

He can be a good defender if he wants it bad enough , and with a perimeter and swag player like JR out there he can even play some backup point, bring some more needed energy to the knicks offense, and get the knicks to the foul line.

That was his role in college sg that kinda played backup point always noticing fair along the baseline for the short jumper that was a big part of his offense.

Last edited:
imo, He could be good with the knicks.
Score first guard, with a post up guy like Anthony so he doesn't have to drive all the time, but can explosively when he wants to.

All he needs is a center who could knock down the 12 footer from the corner at a 60+% clip and a pf like anthony to open up the lane for him and he would fit in really nicely with them on the floor.

He can be a good defender if he wants it bad enough , and with a perimeter and swag player like JR out there he can even play some backup point, bring some more needed energy to the knicks offense, and get the knicks to the foul line.

That was his role in college sg that kinda played backup point always noticing fair along the baseline for the short jumper that was a big part of his offense.

At this point, Dion is basically a younger, shorter version of JR. I'd argue that no NBA team should have even one of those guys, much less two.

Rondo
Crawford/Waiters
Bradley
Green/Bass
Sully/Olnyk

I too think Waiters could thrive in NY. I don't know why but I think he would play better on a big stage. Also, comparing him to JR is ridiculous. Maybe JR of last year who was sixth man of the year (and then had an awful playoffs) but this year JR is stupid bad...I mean mind-numbingly ridiculous, like he forgot how to play basketball, like he parties all night and cokes up in order to wake up for the games. Like...BAD...soooo, soooo bad.

The Knicks have nooone who can penetrate, not Fatty Felton, not Angry Iman, not Grandpa Pablo, not Woodson's long lost son-JR Spliff. Combine that with the fact none of them can shoot wide open shots and an innefficient chucker, who can get to the rim, with alot of upside would be a welcome addition.

I too think Waiters could thrive in NY. I don't know why but I think he would play better on a big stage. Also, comparing him to JR is ridiculous. Maybe JR of last year who was sixth man of the year (and then had an awful playoffs) but this year JR is stupid bad...I mean mind-numbingly ridiculous, like he forgot how to play basketball, like he parties all night and cokes up in order to wake up for the games. Like...BAD...soooo, soooo bad.

The Knicks have nooone who can penetrate, not Fatty Felton, not Angry Iman, not Grandpa Pablo, not Woodson's long lost son-JR Spliff. Combine that with the fact none of them can shoot wide open shots and an innefficient chucker, who can get to the rim, with alot of upside would be a welcome addition.

Assuming JR gets back to playing the way that he has the majority of his career (not even talking 6th man of the year level, but just his usual inefficient chucker self), he and Dion are pretty much identical this year. Dion obviously has the potential to develop into being more than that, but I also don't think that being surrounded by chuckers would be good for Dion. We've already seen that he doesn't get along with a guy like Kyrie that shoots a lot, but is actually good. How do you think he'd get along with multiple guys that shoot a lot and suck, and already have a poor attitude on top of all of that.

I'd like to see Dion go to a team with some veteran leadership to help get him on the right track again. As Melo said himself, the Knicks have no leaders this year. When your 10 year veteran all-star forward is saying that they need a leader (and basically pointing out that he himself is not a leader), that doesn't sound like the best place to develop a young talent that's fallen off the path a little bit.

Bradley at SF? He's 6'2"
That is an issue isn't it...

Rondo/Bradley
Bradley/Waiters/Crawford
Green
Sullinger
Olynyk

That's a big lineup

Rondo/Bradley
Bradley/Waiters/Crawford
Green
Sullinger
Olynyk

That's a big lineup

That would certainly be interesting to see. I'm just not sure a team with two kinda smallish, unathletic big guys can succeed, but who knows.

Rondo/Bradley
Bradley/Waiters/Crawford
Green
Sullinger
Olynyk

That's a big lineup

Danny Ainge wants to know why you are trying to build a playoff team when he's trying to tank. It's bad enough Stevens is ruining his plan, but don't go contributing to it too.