What's going on with D. Waiters? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's going on with D. Waiters?

I could see dion being a better dribble/driver then smith which would could also make him a better passer in the lane.

I haven't watched Dion play much this year and have mostly followed him by what people have said about him on here, so here's a question. Is it possible that he's as good as he's going to get? Is he a talented guy that can get hot at times, but just isn't and will never be a great player?

Danny Ainge wants to know why you are trying to build a playoff team when he's trying to tank. It's bad enough Stevens is ruining his plan, but don't go contributing to it too.
I like the job Stevens has done, but I think a big part of it is how awful the east is.

I haven't watched Dion play much this year and have mostly followed him by what people have said about him on here, so here's a question. Is it possible that he's as good as he's going to get? Is he a talented guy that can get hot at times, but just isn't and will never be a great player?

I think the criticism some people throw on Dion is a little exaggerated. He's not nearly as lowly regarded as some of these posters on this thread who are just taking outdated low hanging fruit narratives and running with them are making it seem. I often times check the box score and read the Cavs blogs to see what their fans think of the whole fiasco. The Cavs fans in the comments sections are about 90% against trading Dion. They love his toughness, ability to get in the lane, and he's actually become a pretty decent catch an shoot 3pt shooter. Dion has shot just as good if not better from the field than Kyrie since the all star break last year according to them and their cited stats. They also feel Dion had some great points in the rumored altercation where he said he gets benched for all kinds of stuff and Kyrie can do whatever he wants. Does he have bad games? Of course. He'll keep getting better though and have a long career. It continues to amaze me how people on here seem to take so much joy in ripping our own guys once they get to the next level.

Personally I'd love to see him in Chicago. Thibs would teach him to play defense, Chicago desperately needs guys who can create their own shot and score, and his toughness and swagger would fit in perfectly alongside guys like Noah, Gibson, and Butler. Not sure how well he'd fit when Rose came back though which would be an issue. Although he could alleviate some pressure of Rose by not putting so much of the offensive burden on him.

I feel like I've heard the same "I wish ----- would end up in *insert well run organIsation here*" narrative or some variation for ten years. But said teams aren't interested in inefficient 2 guards who play defense when they want to.

And the last thing the Knicks need is Dion Waiters.