What's happened to ESPNRadio in Syracuse??? | Syracusefan.com

What's happened to ESPNRadio in Syracuse???

44PRIDE

All Conference
WTLA-AM

With Bud P's recent retirement, they'd mentioned the show might go on a short hiatus. But now, it seems though Bud & The Manchild are not only on hiatus, but have been completely removed from the website's line-up.

And now, Steve & Sal from Orange Nation have been replaced by Ryne Rusillo's excuse of a program...

What gives?

Update: It appears Steve Infanti had surgery on his vocal chords which will sideline him thru August. The show is being paused for the summer months.

No idea about Bud & the Manchild

If I remember correctly, Jim Lerch pays Galaxy for the access to the airwaves and sells his own advertising which he gets to pocket, as opposed to Axe, who is paid by Galaxy and has other peoples' ad sales bolstering his show. And because Lerch isn't paying for the air time, they're not acknowledging his show.

There is no good local sports radio right now. I love Clay Travis, I don't ever listen to Mike and Mike anymore. I hope Steve gets better I like their show during the SU football and basketball seasons.

Did anyone else realize that board favorite Mike Lindsley is now nationally syndicated? How did this shnook manage that?

Syracuse radio host Mike Lindsley launches nationally syndicated sports talk show

Ha I forgot to mention this. One of my good friends brought an old buddy of his with us to opening day at Citi Field last month. This guy was intrigued by my Syracuse connection and went on and on about some guy he went to college with who's allegedly a) a big radio personality in Upstate and b) has all sorts of awful things to say about Boeheim and SU.

The college was St. Bonaventure. The "big" radio personality...

My H0T Takes are perfect for the modern sports commentary world. Half of you will love me. Half of you will hate me. Let's do this.

WTLA-AM

With Bud P's recent retirement, they'd mentioned the show might go on a short hiatus. But now, it seems though Bud & The Manchild are not only on hiatus, but have been completely removed from the website's line-up.

And now, Steve & Sal from Orange Nation have been replaced by Ryne Rusillo's excuse of a program...

What gives?

Rusillo is the best show ESPN has. He actually knows his business and brings a unique personality to it. It's just too bad they got rid of Kannell. They had great chemistry and made for some entertaining radio. I'd listen to Rusillo everyday of the week over someone like Sal Maheen. Is something like that even debatable?

Rusillo is the best show ESPN has. He actually knows his business and brings a unique personality to it. It's just too bad they got rid of Kannell. They had great chemistry and made for some entertaining radio. I'd listen to Rusillo everyday of the week over someone like Sal Maheen. Is something like that even debatable?
Yeah, I'd rather have that than what I have here in Knoxville. Nothing but local hacks that think they're way more important than they are, pretending that the only thing that exists is the SEC.

Sorry,to each his own. If I wanted to listen to a national show I would turn the dial. I want the option of a local show to discuss OUR teams. Now that the Lebatard " giggle fest" has polluted our airwaves, I'm back to switching around to different music. There's not a lot to talk about locally this time of year anyway so I'm not as upset about the decision to wait for Steve's voice to heal.

As an out-of-towner I like to listen to SU sports radio on the way home some afternoons. Of the afternoon shows I liked Upon Further Review the best.

A few more weeks of lax followed by the long dry spell until Labor Day weekend (when I'll be visiting Jerry World).