What's the most number of wins JB would trade for another title? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the most number of wins JB would trade for another title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Briancuse said:
Titles are everything, the biggest knock on our program is that we only have one. Duke has 4, Uconn has 3, all of the elite programs have multiple titles, I am tired of being stuck on one.
So if Keith smarts shot rimmed out the naysayers would have ? Cuz were talking about 4 seconds...

None. Each win is like a child to him. We are more obsessed with this subject than he is. He wants to win every game... whether it be in November or March.

Maybe he does have this mentality, but it's quite befuddling.

Golfers would probably trade 10 random PGA tour wins for 1 US Open or Masters. Likewise tennis players with the Grand Slams. Helio Castroneves would trade 15 Long Beach Grand Prix wins for another Indy 500.

I don't see the distinction.

Last edited:
Do people not understand how much a title means to a program?

You can win 1000 games, doesn't mean didly deuce if you don't have a ring.

AZOrange said:
So if Keith smarts shot rimmed out the naysayers would have ? Cuz were talking about 4 seconds...

Yup, they'd .

If Warrick doesn't make the block and Kansas wins. we might not have any titles.

It's not just titles, which of course are huge, but how about one Final 4 a decade?

I'm sorry but as great as JB is, his regular season wins are diminished by his lack of postseason success.

It's not just titles, which of course are huge, but how about one Final 4 a decade?

I'm sorry but as great as JB is, his regular season wins are diminished by his lack of postseason success.
We were in the final four last year...the elite 8 what 2 years before that?

Yes. The naysayers would. As simple as that. Maybe they'd harp on the Final 4 rare appearances but then he could flash multiple rings and drop the mic.

Do people not understand how much a title means to a program?

You can win 1000 games, doesn't mean didly deuce if you don't have a ring.
Yeah, we all understand how important titles are...:bang:

Just so I'm clear since we actually have one, the 1000 wins are validated?

Wins, tourney wins, sweet sixteens, elite eights, final fours.

Mean little.

Rings are everything.

Syracuse basketballs goal every season is to win a NCAA Championship. Not win 30 games, not make it to the final four. To win the damn 'ship.

Yeah, we all understand how important titles are...:bang:

Just so I'm clear since we actually have one, the 1000 wins are validated?

I'd trade 1000 wins for another title. Seems to be a once in a lifetime thing with this program.

Yes. The naysayers would. As simple as that. Maybe they'd harp on the Final 4 rare appearances but then he could flash multiple rings and drop the mic.
That 4 seconds is a pretty silly measure. Why not just move the standard from 2 to 3? Then 3 to 4?

Wins, tourney wins, sweet sixteens, elite eights, final fours.

Mean little.

Rings are everything.

Syracuse basketballs goal every season is to win a NCAA Championship. Not win 30 games, not make it to the final four. To win the damn 'ship.
Eh the tourney is such a crapshoot.

AZOrange said:
Yeah, we all understand how important titles are...:bang: Just so I'm clear since we actually have one, the 1000 wins are validated?

Yup, 1,000 wins, one title.

Something doesn't add up.

That 4 seconds is a pretty silly measure. Why not just move the standard from 2 to 3? Then 3 to 4?
Nobody cares that we were 4 seconds away from a second Championship except a couple Syracuse fans.

You either win or lose. We're a made shot away from playing right now, but were not.

AZOrange said:
Eh the tourney is such a crapshoot.

I agree.

For our sake, they should declare champions after the regular season.

We'd easily have a few more titles.

I'd trade 1000 wins for another title. Seems to be a once in a lifetime thing with this program.

I don't know if I would go that far - that would drop us from the 5th winningest program of all-time to like Rutgers territory.

I agree.

For our sake, they should declare champions after the regular season.

We'd easily have a few more titles.

Technically, if they declared champions at the end of the regular season, we would have zero titles. We have never ended the regular season ranked #1.

?? Coach even said himself all that matters is the real tourney.. Yet he refuses to possibly have a couple losses during the season to prepare for a need to throw in a player from the bench in case we need him. How many times do we have to have a player go down to injury, not qualify, get fatigued bc they play 38 minsa game, or go dayton cold before he develops a backup during the year??

This is a very sad thread. Here's a guy who's devoted 52 years of his life to this school and this program, has done more good things in the community than everyone else at SU combined, has made SU fans happy 948 times during bleak Syracuse winters, has been honored to coach three US Olympic teams, is a member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, has brought a national championship to a small struggling city in the middle of depressed Central New York... and, YET, you are all kvetching about him and complaining that he has not done enough. I am sorry, but this is eng sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors