What's the strangest occurence you've encountered at a football game at the Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the strangest occurence you've encountered at a football game at the Dome

Without question, the upset of Nebraska in 84. The week before we lost to Rutgers 19-0...freaking Rutgers. Nebraska was mentioned as possibly being 'the team of the decade'. I remember the final horn blowing and there was a momentary cummulative gasp before the place went insane.
It was surreal.

During the 38-24 win over Spurrier's Gators in Sept. of 1991 (I think it was homecoming), we made a big play (no, not Kirby Dar Dar's KO return, but I think it was a Al Wooten FB dive that went for about 20 yards) and people are going ape-shite and during a flurry of high-5's in my row, I watch a bee or wasp sting my thumb.

A bee-sting in the Dome! How? What?

Anyhow, I was on the aisle and started jumping around and people are asking me "what happened?" ... I was "stung by a bee!" I replied.

The looks I was getting were basically saying "Dude's droppin acid at a football game." Or at least "What a jackass this guy is."

I was pretty lubbed up, but it happened.

And we won ... beat the Gators convincingly (and they went on to be SEC Champs that year). Likely the second-best performace out of a SU squad I have ever seen. Ahead of the 66-13 Miami game (Miami was not that good that year), but behind the McNabb 38-28 win at Michigan (which we led 38-7 at one point).

When I used to sit below the assistat coaching box (midfield last couple of rows). This was back in the DeLeone days and fans started to bang on the box and scream at the coaches over their conservative play calling. It got so bad that one guy actually go on another guys shoulders so he was looking into the box and was screaming at DeLeone. Cops were called up and the next week there was newspaper all over the windows so you could not see in.

During the 38-24 win over Spurrier's Gators in Sept. of 1991 (I think it was homecoming), we made a big play (no, not Kirby Dar Dar's KO return, but I think it was a Al Wooten FB dive that went for about 20 yards) and people are going ape-shite and during a flurry of high-5's in my row, I watch a bee or wasp sting my thumb.

A bee-sting in the Dome! How? What?

Anyhow, I was on the aisle and started jumping around and people are asking me "what happened?" ... I was "stung by a bee!" I replied.

The looks I was getting were basically saying "Dude's droppin acid at a football game." Or at least "What a jackass this guy is."

I was pretty lubbed up, but it happened.

And we won ... beat the Gators convincingly (and they went on to be SEC Champs that year). Likely the second-best performace out of a SU squad I have ever seen. Ahead of the 66-13 Miami game (Miami was not that good that year), but behind the McNabb 38-28 win at Michigan (which we led 38-7 at one point).
Do you know Florida has never gone north of the Mason-Dixon line since?

Why would that be considered strange? Doesn't everyone cross streams in the trough? I know it's not just me. Is it?

I can't even go in the trough anymore due to stagefright syndrome caused by a rogue cross streamer that "rained" on my parade in '98

Forget the Mason-Dixson Line ...
The Florida Gators have not played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since losing 38-24 in the Dome.
This is TRUE! Not once.
Uhhh, yea, that's 20 damn years.
I know the SEC is ultra tough, but this fact is ridiculous.

I once was at the Dome and you couldn't see any silver from the bleechers, everyone stayed until the game was over...than my wife woke me up and said it was time to get up for work :rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom