What's the worst movie you ever saw? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the worst movie you ever saw?

I almost broke my back in revulsion getting up out of the dang room when the two dudes surprised lip smacked at of the bottom of the stairs in that one reunion scene. Just God awful.

So when they had sex in the tent like 20-30 minutes prior to that scene, that was kosher... but that kissing scene was just too much!

:)

My wife asked me to go see Brokeback Mountain and I said "don't even go there." Gays can go get married, God bless them and their civil rights, but that doesn't mean I have to go watch it on a movie screen.

Some Bad-but-good movies
Roadhouse
Point Break
Red Dawn - heck, any Swayze movie
Lockout

Good list! I would add the following to it:

Bloodsport
Big Trouble in Little China
Escape from NY
Tombstone

So when they had sex in the tent like 20-30 minutes prior to that scene, that was kosher... but that kissing scene was just too much!

:)
believe or not yes. Was braced, prepared and ready for that at the time famous scene and not being graphic was able to handle it. That other scene came out of no where and the physical reaction I had literally put my back out, much to the laughing delight of the wife. that's as far as I got.

Bloodsport
Escape from NY
Tombstone
Tombstone, bad but good?!

Tombstone is just flat out good. And if you disagree, then you better realize I'm coming, and hell's comin' with me!

Tombstone is just flat out good. And if you disagree, then you better realize I'm coming, and hell's comin' with me!

Yeah, some of the 'really bad' movies in this thread are weird. Tombstone? The English Patient? Brokeback Mountain? We can argue over how good they are and for sure they might not be to one's particular taste but there is no way that these are the worst movies that anyone has ever seen.

This thread was a fun read. I think the only two movies mentioned that I've seen were Brazil! (which I agree was dreadful) and Tombstone, which certainly wasn't good. Spiderman was quite lame, as I recall. Mommie Dearest was God-awful. My parents walked out of Myra Breckenridge with their coats over their heads (true!). The twisted part of me has always had an urge to see Heaven's Gate. Anyone seen that one?

Agreed. Love Tombstone

Yeah, some of the 'really bad' movies in this thread are weird. Tombstone? The English Patient? Brokeback Mountain? We can argue over how good they are and for sure they might not be to one's particular taste but there is no way that these are the worst movies that anyone has ever seen.

Tombstone is not the worst I have ever seen but it is not a good movie. It is a good bad movie filled with the stereotypical Hollywood cheese. Wyatt Earp with Costner was a much better film about the same subject matter.

believe or not yes. Was braced, prepared and ready for that at the time famous scene and not being graphic was able to handle it. That other scene came out of no where and the physical reaction I had literally put my back out, much to the laughing delight of the wife. that's as far as I got.

Guess I don't understand that kind of reaction. Do I want to see two dudes kissing or in a sex scene? Certainly not but I am not going to claw my eyes out over it either.

This thread was a fun read. I think the only two movies mentioned that I've seen were Brazil! (which I agree was dreadful) and Tombstone, which certainly wasn't good. Spiderman was quite lame, as I recall. Mommie Dearest was God-awful. My parents walked out of Myra Breckenridge with their coats over their heads (true!). The twisted part of me has always had an urge to see Heaven's Gate. Anyone seen that one?
you jogged my memory, my God how could no one have made mention of Ishtar. One of the worst movies ever, an exercise in Beatty and Hoffmans narcissism.

Tombstone is not the worst I have ever seen but it is not a good movie. It is a good bad movie filled with the stereotypical Hollywood cheese. Wyatt Earp with Costner was a much better film about the same subject matter.
Man, I can't disagree with you more. Rotten Tomatoes shows that most would agree (73% positive for Tombstone, 42% for Wyatt Earp).

But, to each his own.

Man, I can't disagree with you more. Rotten Tomatoes shows that most would agree (73% positive for Tombstone, 42% for Wyatt Earp).

But, to each his own.

They are two different movies. One is a drama and the other is pretty much an action flick. That said Val Kilmer was the superior Doc Holliday.

Val Kilmer was the superior Doc Holliday.

I think that Val Kilmer's doc holiday is really the only thing that I remember from Tombstone and probably why I remember it being pretty good.

-exits

Certainly not but I am not going to claw my eyes out over it either.

The first time I saw two dudes kiss was in the movie Kinsey and I recall that it was really, really difficult to watch - I think that I closed my eyes through half of it. But like anything else you kind of get used to seeing it and it doesn't really even phase me anymore. On the topic of Brokeback Mountain generally I will say that Ang Lee is one of my favorite directors and I love westerns and I have to admit thinking that man, this would be a great movie if just there weren't all this gayness. I hope that he does another western.

The first time I saw two dudes kiss was in the movie Kinsey and I recall that it was really, really difficult to watch - I think that I closed my eyes through half of it. But like anything else you kind of get used to seeing it and it doesn't really even phase me anymore. On the topic of Brokeback Mountain generally I will say that Ang Lee is one of my favorite directors and I love westerns and I have to admit thinking that man, this would be a great movie if just there weren't all this gayness. I hope that he does another western.

You are probably right. I live in a city where seeing openly gay men hold hands and kiss in public is an every day occurrence.

On my first crack at the thread I couldn't come up with an example of a movie I expected to love but didn't but the chatter about Brokeback Mountain jogged my memory. I was really disappointed in the Coen's remake of True Grit. They are possibly my favorite American Filmmakers and distinguished at least in my opinion, by the fact that they have never made a bad movie. Even their lesser efforts rise to at least the level of pretty good. And True Grit was one of my favorite childhood films. Given all of that and the fact that the cast - Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin - was all first rate, this just seemed like it couldn't miss. But somehow for me it did. I'm not claiming it was bad, because obviously it wasn't but, I don't know, it just really didn't affect me at all, so given my expectations, it was a pretty big disappointment.

First post on the Ent board!

A few jump out right away but I'm sure if someone gave me a list, a few others would be included.

1)The family stone. There's a theme with a few of these movies. My wife wanted to watch them...

This movie was so freaking annoying, it was painful. Sarah J Parker snorts through it, it's stupid and just awful.

2)It was Father of the bride, one of them, with Steve Martin...it was about 10 years ago. Another wife pick. I still reference it if/when it's time to pick a movie.

3)Any of the Meet the Parents movies. I don't normally get that animated about stuff on tv, unless it's the tourney and we're going to get bounced...but for these dumb movies, I found myself talking to the tv saying "loser, tell the father to f off."

Also, it's not a movie but I had never watched any of the 2 1/2 mens, or much in terms of primetime tv the last decade or so. However, being a top show for so long, I've occasionally watched a few repeats of this to see what it was about. Each time, I end of thinking "this is what is wrong with this country, a show this stupid that gets by on dumb sex references was #1 for so long..."

3)Any of the Meet the Parents movies. I don't normally get that animated about stuff on tv, unless it's the tourney and we're going to get bounced...but for these dumb movies, I found myself talking to the tv saying "loser, tell the father to f off."

To each their own, but the original Meet the Parents movie is arguably the hardest I've ever laughed in the theater. OMG, that pool volleyball scene...

"Focker, if I set you up do you think you can spike it?"
"Yeah, but I'd have to be pretty high."
"I bet you would, Panama Red."

To each their own, but the original Meet the Parents movie is arguably the hardest I've ever laughed in the theater. OMG, that pool volleyball scene...

"Focker, if I set you up do you think you can spike it?"
"Yeah, but I'd have to be pretty high."
"I bet you would, Panama Red."

I thought meet the parents was pretty good too.

I literally pissed myself in the theatre when I saw Tommy Boy for the first time.

LPOrange said:
Some Bad-but-good movies
Roadhouse
Point Break
Red Dawn - heck, any Swayze movie
Lockout​

Bloodsport
Escape from NY
Tombstone

none of those are "bad" movies - they are not great artistic treasures, but they never set out to be. They were intended to entertain, and most of those listed are highly entertaining. Patrick Swayze and Kurt Russell are pretty dependable on that score. At least, in their hay days they were.

I think there is a confusion of SWC's original intent. He is talking about bad movies - poorly made, poorly acted, etc.

A lot of you are just listing movies you don't like. English Patient, for example. I don't like it either, but it certainly is not a bad movie.