What's up with Duke's 5 in 5 out rotation | Syracusefan.com

What's up with Duke's 5 in 5 out rotation

Hockey lines, man. I played on a team that did that. It was fun.

It'll be suicide to try that against us.

one of my know it all friends says its good for duke to that cause his idol coach K said it will make them mentally tough and they will be better prepared come March.

Who was the team that pulled that in the ncaa many moons ago? I remember they pulled an upset and it was really fun to watch them play as the 2nd unit just pressed b*lls out for 5 minutes, then got pulled as a unit.

I want to say it was Tulane, but all I can recall is green uni's.

They seemed to be playing a very helter skelter "in your face" full court defense which can be very tiresome. Trying to keep fresh legs in the game is the reason for it I assume.

Duke was slapping the floor long before Wojo. He was just the most annoying about it.

In the 90's Tulane did rotate in a lot of guys at once and the nickname for the backups was The Posse

Who was the team that pulled that in the ncaa many moons ago? I remember they pulled an upset and it was really fun to watch them play as the 2nd unit just pressed b*lls out for 5 minutes, then got pulled as a unit.

I know UNC did that many years ago, but only for one or two seasons. I think they nicknamed them the Shock Troops, IIRC.

North Carolina back under Dean Smith used to do that. They were so deep they could run out a "blue" team and a "white" team, 5 at a time. I think that's the lingo they used to use back when they would do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom