What's your take? | Syracusefan.com

What's your take?

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I didn't see either of the two exhibition games so I obviously can't give an early overview of the team. On this Board there was tremendous optimism after the first game, but quite the opposite after the second. Are we again a team that plays to the level of the competition?

What's your take? Make it short and team related please as I don't really need a breakdown of each player. Thanks.

I didn't see either of the two exhibition games so I obviously can't give an early overview of the team. On this Board there was tremendous optimism after the first game, but quite the opposite after the second. Are we again a team that plays to the level of the competition?

What's your take? Make it short and team related please as I don't really need a breakdown of each player. Thanks.

Game 1 was a victory against a fairly good team. People were happy.
Game 2 was a near 50 point drubbing against a horrendous team. Nothing was learned during this game.

Exhibition 1 - Win - People found stuff to be unhappy about.
Exhibition 2 - Bigger Win - People found even more stuff to be unhappy about than after the 1st game.
Game 1 - We will more than likely win - People will more than likely be unhappy.

Until we win the last game of the season again - people will find stuff to be unhappy about.

We will be a good team and as the young forwards develop on both ends we will be very good. Team shooting is still a slight concern although we certainly have more shooters this year than last year.

Exhibition 1 - Win - People found stuff to be unhappy about.
Exhibition 2 - Bigger Win - People found even more stuff to be unhappy about than after the 1st game.
Game 1 - We will more than likely win - People will more than likely be unhappy.

Until we win the last game of the season again - people will find stuff to be unhappy about.
Not only is it beyond comical (the post) but it is the truth.

My take is I hope we see lots of My 3 Sons along with Rak, CMac, TC, KJ & Silent G. That is our team this year. As long as we keep playing all of them major minutes this team will be much better come March than they are right now. 8 guys that can run the floor. I just hope we don't see the same plodding on offense we did last year or we may not win 20.

Eh, my keys to the season (and what I wanted to see in the exhibitions) heading in to the season would probably have been that; (1) Roberson fills a bit of the Fair/Grant void by being a mix of the two; (2) Cooney is more consistent from deep; and (3) Silent G or Patterson step up and give us some scoring/energy off the bench at the G position.

The third one seems to be in good shape. Not so much on the first two thus far. So, to answer the primary question, no!

We probably win when we shoot well (because we lack explosive scorers like a UK for example), and a dogfight in everything else w/ the defense being the key. I don't really consider that playing down to the competition though. It's just who we are.

1bd653ca7760b8bb57c60797e773b15b4c6a92ea476e60e91e2e1e264cd5d43f.jpg

Just my take--I don't see it that way at all. I just think that playing against a completely overmatched in every way DIII team in exhibition game #2 equates to a game where you can't interpret much.

Frankly, I think optimism SHOULD be tremendously high--not because this team is a finished product right now, but because they have a lot of intriguing puzzle pieces, and it looks like the team could be a LOT better than some prognostications predict come March.

Joseph is another reason for optimism. I'm a point guard aficionado, and this kid's potential is exciting as hell.

Appreciate your thoughts guys.

Who is the man who would risk his neck for a brother man? (2:55 in the video. When i embed the url with the time stamp, if still starts at the beginning).

Last edited:
CaptainJ said:
I posted a gigantic post about my take("From where I sip"), and it was erased although it broke no rules and there are plenty of folks who can attest to that. I won't out the fella who did it though. Apparently, my take is not welcome around here, and my hard work went down the drain almost without me noticing. Fortunately(for some), I never ever give up. Who is the man who would risk his neck for a brother man? (2:55 in the video. When i embed the url with the time stamp, if still starts at the beginning). You can ban/kill me, but my message will live on. YouTube Video

Are you ok? What's with this post?? Your thread "from where I sip" is still there. Hasn't been a response since yesterday at 10am, so it's buried down a bit now. Who do you want to "out"?

Are you ok? What's with this post?? Your thread "from where I sip" is still there. Hasn't been a response since yesterday at 10am, so it's buried down a bit now. Who do you want to "out"?
he was talking about another post that got deleted this morning

Jamesvillecuse said:
he was talking about another post that got deleted this morning

His post I responded to says "from where I sip".

His post I responded to says "from where I sip".

I was mistaken about that one. The one Jamesvillecuse can tell you about(if you want a 2nd opinion) is the thread "OT:I am not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that". JVC witnessed the entire trilogy as well as the other replies. Like Cheech and Chong though, it apparently is up in smoke.

People still have pent up complaining from last season. The winning streak left people little to complain about, and at the end of the season when all the losses started there wasn't enough to get all their complaining out.

Je me plaindre; donc, je suis un fan.
-Descartes (in the guise of Beadle)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom