When can we start dreaming? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

When can we start dreaming?

if we found a way to finish 4-1 pretty good chance we finish top 4 in the ACC. It could also mean we beat duke/nc st/clem/pitt/wake and some combination of 4 of them and we at least have some wins to pt at.

the mintz miami meltdown is the game thats gonna prevent us from having a shot at the bubble. we needed a marquee road win. that was it. we had that game. i think we’d have a real chance if we had that win on the resume.

the mintz miami meltdown is the game thats gonna prevent us from having a shot at the bubble. we needed a marquee road win. that was it. we had that game. i think we’d have a real chance if we had that win on the resume.
UVA at home or the Miami game. Those were the marquee opportunities we should have brought home.

Need 23 wins one way or another

Great win tonight, and we certainly have a real chance against Duke. That game is not that far from a pick'em. So one game at a time, and stay optimistic.

So I apologize for the Debbie Downer comments below. But we are getting hurt along the margins of a Q1/Q2 victory. We are currently witnessing a slow leak in ACC NET's caused by the ACC's overall poor OOC compared to other power conferences and even the MWC. Those conferences prop themselves up more when they play each other, so the ACC starts to slowly drop.

NC State looks like it will be a Q2 win (#30 is the cutoff and they are 36 before tonight's loss)
Duke would be a Q2 win as of now. (#30 is the cutoff and they are 32, and will be worse if we beat them)
Clemson is at #77 (At #75 they would be a Q1 road win)
Wake is at #73 (Will they stay in the top 75 so we could get a Q2 win)

What hurts will all the above is that are worst metric already is quality wins.

View attachment 225074
Damn after all that it still wasn’t a Q1.

Ya just never know. As far as the team being worse next year? That’s unlikely. You keep the core + a couple transfers and you have as good a chance as anyone. Pitt fans thought this year would be a train wreck considering the players leaving and they’re #1 in the ACC.

In theory yes. Judah is the X factor though. He is the NBA level talent that is a threat from the moment the ball is in his hands. While he has had his ups and downs, the games he struggled at the end of he had a big say in the team even being in the position to win those games.

Symir has been good in spots steadying the ship but the difference between them is big. With Judah you need the pieces around him. In the case both Jesse and Joe leave you have to add a bigtime portal guy plus hopefully Adams. In the case Judah leaves you need a game breaking pg now. In the case all 3 leave it would be a massive blow and even through the portal and with Adams its tough to see a tourney team unless the frosh make huge jumps.

Damn after all that it still wasn’t a Q1.

Also last night only moved us from 98 to 96 in the NET. Bumped NCSU down from 36 to 38 as well. We are now 2-3 in Q2 games to go with 0-5 in Q1.

We need to beat Duke but by a good margin Saturday. That would get a little buzz and move the NET up possibly into the high 80s.

Syracuse needs wins, and lots of them. The Duke name will get some buzz going, but this isn't a wrecking crew Duke team, so that will only go so far.

On to the next.

If we go 4-1 over these last 5, that gives us an actually decent chance at finishing #4 in the ACC. Would need some help, but its possible.

You have to go back to 2007-2008 to find a year the #4 team didn't make the NCAA tournament. 4-1 would at least have us with a pulse heading into ACC tourney.

i think i saw a quote from lunardi that the team needs 4-2 the rest of the way to have a shot...which seems less than I expected...I woulda thought 6-0.

at least 4-2 seems pretty likely, imo

Personally, if we beat NC State, it'll be enough for me to let actually believe we have a chance.

Just to be clear, despite all the Debbie Downers, I now am officially dreaming. Any loss will wake me up from the dream, but please just let me enjoy it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom