When Christmas fouled out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When Christmas fouled out

Rak may have picked up a new injury that I don't know about, but I do know that his right wrist has been bothering him. It was taped up in last night's game.

Not to knock JB, but he didn't really trust him to play the 4 either till JS got suspended.

JB plays the guys to do the best. Grant was the best option in James absence. Now that James is back, Jerami's been riding the pine. It's not that he doesn't trust Jerami. He trusts James more...and so go the minutes.

please people let go of the grant at the 5 spot fantasies.

Are you still as high on our dynamic duo as you were two weeks ago? Hard to believe but they've actually regressed.

i thought keita made some nice plays down the stretch battling on the boards. i hear raxmas is a bit hampered by some minor injury but yes i still like our guys. refs aren't doing the bigs any favors for sure.

i thought keita made some nice plays down the stretch battling on the boards. i hear raxmas is a bit hampered by some minor injury but yes i still like our guys. refs aren't doing the bigs any favors for sure.
Rak was visible limping during the Seton Hall game. I don't know what the problem is, but he is dealing with more than the injured wrist he has had taped up for weeks.

I love what JG brings to the table--he possesses a nice mix of technical and tactical skills as a frosh. In addition, he seems to have a high motor, as shown by his ability to make "hustle" plays.

That said, he was yanked the other night because Seton Hall's first nine points (three three-pointers) all came from the corner on Jeremi's side. It was clear from his reactions that Coach Boeheim was not pleased with JG's late closeouts on these shots. To be fair to him, Jeremi was put in a tough spot on two of these threes by the guards' inability to contain the dribble, which forced Rak to step up and Grant to cover the lane. However, on one of these shots, Grant really didn't need to be sucked into the paint--he should have recognized the shooter on his side of the floor and stayed put, allowing Fair to cover the paint. JG will learn and get his minutes moving forward.

James isn't outstanding defensively, but he is a senior that can shoot. This allows him more leeway with Coach for his defensive lapses. If James had been atrocious in Saturday's game, we probably would have seen JG again. However, Dirty wasn't horrible, and he hit a few threes, so Coach rode his experienced players in what was a relatively close game throughout.

Rak was visible limping during the Seton Hall game. I don't know what the problem is, but he is dealing with more than the injured wrist he has had taped up for weeks.

It looked like he injured it during the 2nd half when some random SH player fell into his leg. I remember seeing him flexing his leg and limping after it happened. Hopefully its not serious.

It looked like he injured it during the 2nd half when some random SH player fell into his leg. I remember seeing him flexing his leg and limping after it happened. Hopefully its not serious.

Happened a bit earlier than that, I think it was a quad. He came to the bench right away and spent a timeout gingerly running back and forth near the baseline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom