When did Elmore get hurt? | Syracusefan.com

When did Elmore get hurt?

upperdeck

Living Legend
I didnt seem him leave the field, but coaches presser said he left pretty early in the game?

Not completely sure but it might have been on a kickoff return where he got completely laid out on the return.

Not sure if this was when he got hurt, but after strick's fumble, he got lit up pretty good by a Clemson blocker

I think this was it.
He got BLOWN UP during that play.
And never saw it coming.

Not sure if this was when he got hurt, but after strick's fumble, he got lit up pretty good by a Clemson blocker

Yea, that was it, not a kick return which I mentioned. I just remember it was in the open field and he got blind sided.

My son and I screwed up the recording and started watching opening Q3 and he was split out wide on the field. I remember because I was like why do we run that formation. Pretty sure butler then replaced him

Yep - they picked up the flag on that block too

So that was the flag and what it was for? I thought they penalized Clemson and had to kick from the 20 one time during the game...was that the time, the night seems to be a blur now.

So that was the flag and what it was for? I thought they penalized Clemson and had to kick from the 20 one time during the game...was that the time, the night seems to be a blur now.

Flag was for the "cutting throat" celebration by clemson. There was another flag on the same play that they picked up for block in the back. Not sure if it was for the Elmore hit or not.

No, the flag that pushed CU back to the 20 was unsportsmanlike conduct (throat slash gesture) after the TD.

Funny thing is it wasn't even a legit "throat slash". The Clemson player who returned the fumble, Tanner Muse, used the football to mime as if he was drinking out of it like a beer can & then wiped his mouth. Really dumb celebration, even dumber because it looks so much like a "throat slash". Credit to Dabo for chewing him out pretty good on the sideline & then benching him for multiple drives, it may have even been for the remainder of the half. I just wish there was audio of him explaining himself... "no, see, Coach, it wasn't a throat slash, I was wiping my mouth after pretending to slam a beer".

Yea, that was it, not a kick return which I mentioned. I just remember it was in the open field and he got blind sided.

I think he got lit up pretty good on a kick return too. Rough night for Elmore, hope he doesn't miss any time.

I didnt seem him leave the field, but coaches presser said he left pretty early in the game?

I thought it was the blindside block that decleated him. My guess from
Seeing it was either shoulder or head.

I think he got lit up pretty good on a kick return too. Rough night for Elmore, hope he doesn't miss any time.

Maybe I misremembered misremembering. Lol. I just remember seeing him lit up. The whole night was a blur.

Maybe I misremembered misremembering. Lol. I just remember seeing him lit up. The whole night was a blur.

Yeah, but it was a GREAT blur to be a part of. Magic moment

I thought it was the blindside block that decleated him. My guess from
Seeing it was either shoulder or head.

Yeah it was the blindsided block. In terms of a clip that's legal since the defender got his head in front. But, in terms of being an actual human being and according to the letter of the law it's illegal. Its the same thing as a defenseless receiver. And Elmore was not really in position to make a play- it was behind the play. So it was a cheap shot and an illegal one at that which should have been a spot foul and taken the TD away. But the talking heads just bring up the 2 Clemson missed field goals. Not that I am bitter.

Yeah it was the blindsided block. In terms of a clip that's legal since the defender got his head in front. But, in terms of being an actual human being and according to the letter of the law it's illegal. Its the same thing as a defenseless receiver. And Elmore was not really in position to make a play- it was behind the play. So it was a cheap shot and an illegal one at that which should have been a spot foul and taken the TD away. But the talking heads just bring up the 2 Clemson missed field goals. Not that I am bitter.

This is spot on. It was to the side and was clean in that way but it was way behind the play and a cheap shot. They heard this week about SU having a 280 pound RB and they saw a chance to de-cleat him.

They also changed the rules on that type of block on players outside the realm of the play. i wonder which guy saw the play to overrule the one that called it that was pretty close? unlike the PI call where the dude from center field threw the flag over ruling the guy right on the play.

Completely judgement as Elmore was not that far away. We know he's never gonna catch the guy but he was 3 yards away to begin with and the guy was pulling away but Elmore kept chasing him. He got hit about 7 yards behind the guy. I'd agree if he was on the other side of the field or standing 20 yards behind the play.

Here's the replay of that play. The 2nd and 3rd replay shows it pretty well.

Clemson ties game with fumble return for TD - ESPN Video

Completely judgement as Elmore was not that far away. We know he's never gonna catch the guy but he was 3 yards away to begin with and the guy was pulling away but Elmore kept chasing him. He got hit about 7 yards behind the guy. I'd agree if he was on the other side of the field or standing 20 yards behind the play.

Here's the replay of that play. The 2nd and 3rd replay shows it pretty well.

Clemson ties game with fumble return for TD - ESPN Video

That's a legitimate football play. Good no call.

That's a legitimate football play. Good no call.
And he played during the first possession of the 2nd half which was long after this hit. I wonder if his injury occurred later or if there were lingering effects from this play?

Funny thing is it wasn't even a legit "throat slash". The Clemson player who returned the fumble, Tanner Muse, used the football to mime as if he was drinking out of it like a beer can & then wiped his mouth. Really dumb celebration, even dumber because it looks so much like a "throat slash". Credit to Dabo for chewing him out pretty good on the sideline & then benching him for multiple drives, it may have even been for the remainder of the half. I just wish there was audio of him explaining himself... "no, see, Coach, it wasn't a throat slash, I was wiping my mouth after pretending to slam a beer".
After that, he did a legit throat slash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom