When did they win? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When did they win?

Test him.

Thy won’t, because it will butt hurt all the fake golf fans...but I don’t care.

Test him...

Winning majors is hard. Tiger was the legit #1 in the world in 2012 and 2013 (with 8 wins in 15 months), and I don't think he was ever in real serious contention on a back nine in any of those years (may be wrong). But then again he has had 2 close calls in majors this year. Speith and Rory were on a nice pace and just stopped. Justin Rose and Dustin Johnson have been sharing the world #1 recently, and both are veterans with only 1 major.

Since 2010, some people want to glamorize his declines and 75-80s to the 2009 incident but there were always two factors that had nothing to do with that:

1) The race against injury. A race he has always lost in typically 18 months or less each time. The positive with this return, is that he seemed to take more time to get it right. He tried to rush back from surgeries in the past.

2) Swing change madness: His biggest tragic fault in my view (as a golfer) was his insistence on swing changes and getting overly technical. This time he came back with no coaches, no major swing changes. no freeing my glutes talk over and over. He didn't waste valuable time on his comeback this time getting ready to be a pro again.

This is all a mish mash of thoughts. But I think this time he may be ready to play for another 24 months. If he is healthy for another 2 years, he could become very close to world number 1 again -- in fact at #9 in world ranking points, and close calls in 2 majors, he is legitimately as good as anybody entering a tournament. But that can mean 1 or 2 majors... or 0 majors. As we see from others at the top of the golf game right now, except for Brooks Koepka, its just really hard to win majors.

Test him.

Test him...

Do they test for PED’s in golf? Literally have no idea what the PGA Tour policy is. I would assume they have to do some sort of testing...

Test him.

Test him...

He's really skinny this time compared to his prior returns. A lot less bulk. I am not sure if he did stuff in the past or not, but I think it is less likely now.

He has been forced to have a mental rebirth in my view, became less of a jerk, and has went back to his roots as a golfer. Less technical, no coaches, less obsessed with winning. (Just based on my observations that may be wrong)

He wasn't even particularly humble in 2012/2013 compared to as of now. Back then he probably still had Jack in his head. Now his mindset was just one step at a time ... improving his lifestyke, golfing again, trying to prove he could still compete. He was happy earlier in the year merely being in contention.

Now that he has won, and if he wins a few more times, will he change back to his old self? I hope the more human and humble version sticks around.

Last edited:
For team USA this week I'd love to see an improvement on his dismal 13-17-3 Ryder Cup record. The Splits are:

Singles 4-1-2
Foursomes: 4-8-1
Four Balls: 5-8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors