When does Coach K retire and who replaces him? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When does Coach K retire and who replaces him?

Hop?? Yeah, no, that’s absurd and def not happening. It’ll be a proven gun who has already succeeded at a major conference program (think Louisville hiring Chris Mack), or it’ll be a Duke alum with head coaching experience like Wojo, Collins, Hurley, or Capel. One of them should get it cooking more successfully at their current schools, which will make them more attractive to Duke. I imagine Duke should be able to tick off both of those requirements—Duke alum/K protege and HC success at a high level program.

Last edited:
I don’t care about who replaces K so long as it leads them into a quick and permanent downfall. Then that person I will admire.

Hop?? Yeah, no, that’s absurd and def not happening. It’ll be a proven gun who has already succeeded at a major conference program (think Louisville hiring Chris Mack), or it’ll be a Duke alum with head coaching experience like Wojo, Collins, Hurley, or Capel. One of them should get it cooking more successfully at their current schools, which will make them more attractive to Duke. I imagine Duke should be able to tick off both of those requirements—Duke alum/K protege and HC success at a high level program.
This. My guess is Collins gets it, but any of those choices would be realistic. Some of these other takes on here are very entertaining, but totally unrealistic. Talk to any big Duke fans and they will tell you this goes to an alum 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom