When JB leaves, he deserves "Jim Boeheim Night" | Syracusefan.com

When JB leaves, he deserves "Jim Boeheim Night"

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Given how much Coach Boeheim has done for the sport, for the school, for the program, and for the community, he deserves so much more than a little 10 minute halftime deal or something glummed into the postgame. He deserves a celebration.

I'm talking a fully ticketed, 90 minute event. Maybe $20 or $25 a ticket. You will absolutely get 20K folks in that building and all the proceeds can go to his Foundation. I'm talking former players, former coaches, former opposing coaches. Video tributes, highlight reels. Local celebrities. Etc. I think it could be amazing and a fitting sendoff.

I don't know how commonplace this is, but Larry Bird Night is a great example of what I have in mind. Heck, maybe even get Costas to host it as he did below lol

I’m fine with honoring him at the halftime of a game. I’m guessing that would be enough for him as well.

I assume he can pick any game he likes to have a half time ceremony after hes done coaching. If it were early in the season could probably get a decent OOC opponent or even get a preferable Big Ten opponent for it maybe Michigan State.

I think that’s perfect. I mean his name is on the court forever.

I think that’s perfect. I mean his name is on the court forever.
Nothing is forever. Especially these days. 20 years from now they will be outraged at anyone that was snappy with a college reporter and they will erase his name off the court.

I’m only half kidding.

He should be honored for a month. Or a season.

I get it if anyone is younger on this forum. I really do. But for those of us who are BE or pre-BE, he’s the man. Regardless of how anyone feels about him now. And yeah, things are a disaster, no question. And the recruiting is bad and the zone…blah, blah.

But the nights I (and many others) spent driving through snow storms with my dad or by myself, parking at the bottom of the hill and whatever else there is…many of the top memories of my life are because of Jim Boeheim. And yeah, I don’t want him coaching anymore and I’m super frustrated. But that doesn’t change the fact that for the vast majority of his tenure, he created awesome experiences for all of us.

JB is burying is own legacy with his stubbornness and attitude. It’s just kind of sad.

44cuse

Halftime of the next Colgate / Bryant / UBuffalo game.

Aw man ...

cold.gif

I assume he can pick any game he likes to have a half time ceremony after hes done coaching. If it were early in the season could probably get a decent OOC opponent or even get a preferable Big Ten opponent for it maybe Michigan State.
We don't play Big 10 teams in a shootout anymore. They left espn. We play SEC teams now

I think it would be sort of disgraceful if we winnow down a 40+ year career to a ceremony wedged into a halftime. Coach deserves his own ticketed event, one that is scheduled to ensure the most former players and fellow coaches can come as would like to.

There's no downside to this. Give all the proceeds to his charity.