When this BE stuff is all said and done | Syracusefan.com

When this BE stuff is all said and done

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
in the next 3-6 months, I think we'll see SU, Pitt, and WVU leaving next June and paying $10-$15M each.

in the next 3-6 months, I think we'll see SU, Pitt, and WVU leaving next June and paying $10-$15M each.

So you are saying that we will be ACC bound for the 2012 FB season?

IMO

You think they can turn around scheduling in time to make that happen? I have no idea. I'm just asking because the pace the Big East is moving at, it could take a while before this is sorted out.

You think they can turn around scheduling in time to make that happen? I have no idea. I'm just asking because the pace the Big East is moving at, it could take a while before this is sorted out.

I think that the ACC has already been figuring out "Schedule A" if we're not there and "Schedule B" if we are. They're not in slo-mo like the Big East.

Once again, thank god we are outta here!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I think it is January where they said we will be involved in schedule meetings with them.

The ACC currently plays 8 FB games a year. I doubt they play 9 next year as most schools have their OOC already done. So even if SU and Pitt join, I bet you only see 8 ACC games. Then going forward 9 games. So all the ACC would need to do next year is switch up who plays who, not a big deal.

Plus that actually works better for SU. Having 8 ACC, 3 OOC BCS, and a 1AA works out better than 9-3-0. That would give us 6 H, 5 A, and the Meadowlands game. Going to 9 conf (which could also happen if we are stuck in the BE) could mean 5 H and 6 A next year.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not losing sleep either way. What matters is that with our move to the ACC, our long-term future is solidified. If we're in the BE for another year or 2, it's fine with me. I am actually going to miss the BE, especially for Basketball. I don't understand the sudden condescending attitude towards the BE, in general.

I'm with Bees on this. I think more is gonna hit the fan before then defection wise and it'll all come tumbling down. I'd like to get a prop bet in vegas on none of today's invitees ever playing a game in a league named "the big east".

Wouldn't that cause a massive clusterpoop for football scheduling in 2012?

If the ACC stays at 8 games for just 2012 it wouldn't cause an issue. So SU would play 6 division mates, 1 cross over rival, and then 1 of the other 6 teams. Starting in 2013 you go to 9 games with the 6-1-rotating 2 of 6.

That's a lot of money. Seems worth it to wait one more year and not pay the big buyout.

That's a lot of money. Seems worth it to wait one more year and not pay the big buyout.

It will be close to made up with 1 year in the ACC.

Are we 100% in year one? What is the initiation fee? BTW, Cuse ought to pay the 2003 rates. :cool:

I have never heard of an initiation or buy-in fee? Is there one? I don't know where this idea came from.

So, it'll be 3 years before we can be all Daddy Warbucks.

Hope Gross doesn't have years 4 and 5's ACC millions spent before year 3.

I think it's in everyone's best interests, but I think 2013 is the more realistic target, only because of the Football scheduling. I don't think you can rework that effectively in such a short time-frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom