When we look back at this season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When we look back at this season

We will realize that the UConn loss is what really got the players attention. Yes it was Boston U, yes we have a loooong way to go but I saw a huge difference in play which I attribute to the players paying close attention to the coaches since Tuesday.

This team will look great against bad competition all season. We just have too many guys who can put it in the bucket. Our offense in the long run, will be good IMO it's the rebounding followed by the defense that will need to improve if we want to beat good competition regularly. It's funny that we are close to 10 games in and the returning 3 of Howard, Lydon, Roberson are the ones who need to find there comfort zones the most.

I think we have a chance to improve a lot before the ACC schedule gets tough. We need to if we are going to be a good team.

Some other thoughts:

TT will only play 2 years of college bball. If he gets used to P5 competition this year he will average double figures.

I don't see anything yet that would lead me to believe Lydon or Battle will be going to the NBA. I think they both come back. If that's the case we could be very good next year if we pick up a 3rd guard who can play.

I think Chukwu will be behind Sidibe next year. Yes he was better today but the kid is not a ball player. He's playing ball because he's 7-2.

There will be a game against a big time team that Gillon, White, Lydon and Battle all shoot well and we win by double figures.
We have a winner. Thompson has a really nice game against BU (not even BC) and he turning pro early. I hope someone has started a TT bio, so that Adam Silver will be prepared. Congrats Jordon. Well executed.

We have a winner. Thompson has a really nice game against BU (not even BC) and he turning pro early. I hope someone has started a TT bio, so that Adam Silver will be prepared. Congrats Jordon. Well executed.
cuz yeah that's what he said :rolleyes:

i'm not doing cartwheels over home wins against the north florida whatevers and the BU terriers. show me something badder and better.

Agree, the home OOC schedule is again laughable .

Imo our biggest problem is chemistry. One of our supposed biggest strengths at the beginning of the season: flexibility , depth and guys being able to play different positions imo has become our biggest weakness in the 3 losses. We need a semblance of a set rotation. I didnt see one today. I saw JB experimenting with lineups still. He needs to figure that out ideally before ACC
He should be experimenting with rotations in games like this. When would he have the chance to do so otherwise? Hard to have great chemistry with five new faces trying to learn his zone. Let's see how things look after another 10 games.

He said he'd play 2 years of college ball.
yep and what's outlandish about that? the poster that mocked him made it out to be that jordoo was proclaiming TT a lotto pick right now

sorry but i don't use BU (or NF ) as a proper barometer to gauge the quality of a program like Syracuse. but by all means feel free to revel yourself.

While I see where youre coming from, it built the beginnings of a wave of momentum which could potentially carry over to the next game, and possibly snowball. Things like that have happened, but in that respect, I think the long time off between games could be more detrimental than we realize.

Agree, the home OOC schedule is again laughable .
it's not difficult, but it's not "laughable." You need a schedule like this when you are trying to meld into a cohesive unit a rotation featuring 4 first time starters and a 6th man brand new to the program.

it's not difficult, but it's not "laughable." You need a schedule like this when you are trying to meld into a cohesive unit a rotation featuring 4 first time starters and a 6th man brand new to the program.

I will give you that, JB learned his lesson about 5 years ago when we were left outta the dance bc of our pathetic non conference. The days when we didn't leave the dome for Nov/Dec and exited 17-20/0. its a different world now. UK plays at UNC , the big boys are mixing it up in Nov and dec. Thats the way to approach it. Thus, we now take on SC and Wisky on the road and invite Gtown and the Johnnies to the dome. losses this time of year aren't killers, just go out and play someone !

we are syracuse. and we should readily dismantle these cupcakes. i don't like to see us in a 3 point shootout against some hoho we should easily demolish from the inside out. just crack open the chocolate coating. unroll that moist delicious cake and then lick the creamy exposed inner filling . delicious.
Well since you didn't say you ate the thing there is only one other gender left....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom