When we went down by 8 | Syracusefan.com

When we went down by 8

I was in the same boat was nervous as hell but thought there was more than enough time to turn it around. Too bad we didn't play the whole game like we can. The walk ons could have got out there if that we're the case.

This morningI'm hearing on the radio how the Orange had to "rally" back from being 5 down with 10 minutes to go. A big deal.

Granted the Orange weren't playing well and BC was shooting it.
I don't like being in that position but since when is being down 5 with 10 minutes left considered a big crisis?
I wouldn't consider that a crisis against a Top 10 opponent, let alone BC.
And with this SU team?
That gap could be wiped out in a few seconds.

When you see Ennis with the ball, you just don't get nervous. And JB's comment of how much resolve this team has showed through last night.
A lesser team would have been intimidated by the rain of threes from BC. Not this addition of the Orange.

Absolutely Marsh...There was no need to panic, but we definitely needed to right the ship then and there. All the calls and all the momentum was in BC's favor at that point. But there was a ton of time left. I looked at my wife and said, "Now we'll see what these kids are made of". This was a character building win.

A couple of days ago I commented on the "Trap Game" thread that this was not a trap game. Well turns out I was dead wrong. A Monday game coming against a team we didn't respect after kicking UNC's ass was definitely a trap game. Luckily we got out alive...phew...

Last edited:
There were sure a lot of nervous nellies in the chat room... who were beginning to get a a bit out of control when BC took that lead. I finally had to say... "Calm down; I am warning you."

The teeth-gnashing stopped ... and we soared back into the lead. And the chat room, which could have gotten out of control, didn't.

I am constantly amazed by the lack of faith demonstrated by some on this forum.

I got a little worried only slightly. Whereas in past years I would have been freaking the freak out.

There were sure a lot of nervous nellies in the chat room... who were beginning to get a a bit out of control when BC took that lead. I finally had to say... "Calm down; I am warning you."

The teeth-gnashing stopped ... and we soared back into the lead. And the chat room, which could have gotten out of control, didn't.

I was in the chat room last night for I think my second time. I didn't have a huge issue with some of the comments but you are right, there was some people that went into panic mode. But I just can't figure out how everyone can sit there typing and not miss things. I have to admit I'm not the most coordinated person but when we're on, I just can't concentrate on anything else.

Its the way some people deal with anxiety. Be pessimistic and if they lose they expected it. Protection against want they do not want to occur. And if SU comes back and win they are elated that SU was miraculous: win win

I try to, for the most part, avoid the chat room and game threading because I know I am a fairly fatalistic Bostonian at heart, and I tend to be an open stream of (often cynical) consciousness in the moment.

It seemed like it took a long time for that score to get flipped on us and then we wiped out the difference quickly. Then BC chipped away to get it within 6 late in the game. But by then the juju was no longer in their house.

Would have worried more but on Saturday UNC went up early and I was distracted, I turned back to the game and we were well on our way to blowing them out. Figured that is what this team is going to do -- get behind and then spurt ahead and demoralize the opponent.

We played like Zona did @ USC yesterday. I hate these kind of games because the team knows they are better and would win 97 out of 100 against them and yet they are not fully focused until they start hanging around and wont go away. Only good thing that comes from this is they should be ready to battle Pitt. You know the coaches want this one BADLY.

Wasn't really nervous being down 8...what I was real nervous about was Grant having 4 fouls. The way they were calling that game, I was fully expecting him to foul out on some awful call.

If the Villanova game taught us anything...it should be that no deficit is insurmountable as long as there's enough time.
SU made that one look easy.
It starts with defense: this team can "shut it down" with the Orange Squeeze.
And then start lighting it up on offense.

As someone said above...as long as Tyler Ennis is running the show there's no reason to panic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom