when will we get that Electric kid again | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

when will we get that Electric kid again

On offense tristian is clearly our most electric guy . Jordan will be one don’t know what the hold up is ? I watched the Wm game start to finish last night ( I’ve watched it a few times but mostly select plays ) I saw the end of 3rd qtr out to Harris that throw was insane I can’t believe the announcers where more concerned with the qtr ending than the play
It was more than an NFL throw if that’s possible! Acc gave tommy honerable mention
And listed 1 big time throws I guess referring to the bomb but man they missed that one ! Not trying to dis the team but if you put tommy in for tua or Trevor he would probably do the same or better but that’s the what if game conversely if you put tua and Trevor in Tommy’s spot are they heisman stats or contenders ? hate to debate these things but it’s slow week
That sideline throw to Harris is the one I have been talking about this week. I hope someone can create a gif featuring it. It is pretty legendary stuff.

On offense tristian is clearly our most electric guy . Jordan will be one don’t know what the hold up is ? I watched the Wm game start to finish last night ( I’ve watched it a few times but mostly select plays ) I saw the end of 3rd qtr out to Harris that throw was insane I can’t believe the announcers where more concerned with the qtr ending than the play
It was more than an NFL throw if that’s possible! Acc gave tommy honerable mention
And listed 1 big time throws I guess referring to the bomb but man they missed that one ! Not trying to dis the team but if you put tommy in for tua or Trevor he would probably do the same or better but that’s the what if game conversely if you put tua and Trevor in Tommy’s spot are they heisman stats or contenders ? hate to debate these things but it’s slow week
yes that throw to Harris was one of the throws that I saw Tommy make that I really got excited about, Also the throw on the slant to Jackson that was on time and led perfectly. Those throws are much bigger deals than the long Home run pass to me.. They are throws that lead to a better offense in the long run,

That sideline throw to Harris is the one I have been talking about this week. I hope someone can create a gif featuring it. It is pretty legendary stuff.
agree. even in the clemson game, there were a couple throws that wowed me.

i admit i'm biased towards guys who can make those kinds of throws. at bills games as a kid, we'd go in really early, get as close to the field as possible, and watch both teams warm up. jay shroeder's arm, i'll never forget it. it didn't amount to much the bills always beat them but it was really hard to believe anyone could throw the ball like that. schroeder is proof that it's not everything but devito has had some passes that knocked my socks off the same way

If we could get to the pt where we create clean pockets i think we would really be happy. As much as the WRs have some issues they are still wide open on many of the plays he just doesnt have time to throw.

Go back and watch the Wash St game last week. 9 tds.. but he had 7-10 secs on some of those throws.

This is a fairly useless thread as there is absolutely no agreement as to what constitutes an “electric” player.
The term "electric" comes from the feeling in the air when the player in question has a chance to make a play. Before it even happens, people start anticipating, murmuring. You can feel electric energy shooting through the crowd! Some people hold their breath, others start yelling, people get on their feet. Some examples:

Third and long and Freeney's in the game. My heart started pounding every time.
McNabb in shotgun
It's an "running" down and Fr Delone is in the backfield
It's fourth down and Marvin (or Floyd) is back to receive. You had to stand up to make sure you could see both sidelines in case (no, when!) he turned the corner.
AET, when ED was on his game
ED in a broken field, although sometimes you were holding your breath for the wrong reasons.

Could be:
TD - He has all the abilities to be that guy. With a good line and a game-breaking receiver, we'd be screaming for HCDFB to throw it every single play or wishing for third and long.
Trishton - A couple more games like the last one, especially more like the straight-arm play, and you'll be feeling it.

Give us 1 elite WR, 1 elite RB, and smart decision making at QB and this offense would be really fun.

Couldn't we say that for basically any team in the country? We have a subpar O-Line (obviously), so if that's "all" it takes, then really any team could make that claim if we hand out just 2 elite players and a smart QB (of which I think Tommy is the vast majority of the time), it's just the constant pressure that has rattled him. When you're running for your life on a regular basis, you start to make poor decisions.

Was that the throw maybe 6-8 yards down the field, basically across the width of the field? If so, not gonna lie - when he let that ball go, I did one of those, "No, No, No!!! YESSS!!!" yells.

Is this the hill you're going to die on? These two guys are really good and would start for us. Would you like me to make a poll to see what others think?
SLOW down. Granted they are 2 very good players. Eskridge was great against SU last year, 8 catches 240 yds and 2 TD's. He was also so good that in his other 9 games he totaled 28 catches 475 yds and 1 TD...in 9 games!!! Not a gimme that he starts here. Riley was better last year and Harris and even N. Johnson were comparable for the season, granted they did not play defense but we are talking WR here. They also played against ACC talent all year, not MAC talent. Bellamy is a 5th year senior that didn't start until last year, at a MAC school. 4.2 speed is 4.2 speed no doubt. But I doubt he sees more time than Adams does this season. Just because someone has a grerat game against SU doesn't mean they are a great player, just someone who had a great game.

The term "electric" comes from the feeling in the air when the player in question has a chance to make a play. Before it even happens, people start anticipating, murmuring. You can feel electric energy shooting through the crowd! Some people hold their breath, others start yelling, people get on their feet. Some examples:

Third and long and Freeney's in the game. My heart started pounding every time.
McNabb in shotgun
It's an "running" down and Fr Delone is in the backfield
It's fourth down and Marvin (or Floyd) is back to receive. You had to stand up to make sure you could see both sidelines in case (no, when!) he turned the corner.
AET, when ED was on his game
ED in a broken field, although sometimes you were holding your breath for the wrong reasons.

Could be:
TD - He has all the abilities to be that guy. With a good line and a game-breaking receiver, we'd be screaming for HCDFB to throw it every single play or wishing for third and long.
Trishton - A couple more games like the last one, especially more like the straight-arm play, and you'll be feeling it.

I strongly commend your effort to define a term that is understood differently by different people.

Believe we can all agree we’ve had some of these guys, but not nearly enough.

I’ll throw this on the pile:

Our most electric PLAY in recent years has to be Dungey’s crazed escape, scramble and find of Moe Neal in Orlando, followed of course by Moe’s fabulous run.

If that didn’t get your heart beating through your chest...

Electric players for me are guys you put in space and can turn a 2 yard swing pass into a 20+ yard plays, receivers you throw a 10 yard slant to and go to the house, or an X receiver like Randy Moss or Desean Jackson who get long bombs.

Tristan Jackson can do the last one but we need a guy like Kelvin Harmon or Stefan Diggs who were later round speed guys.

Electric players for me are guys you put in space and can turn a 2 yard swing pass into a 20+ yard plays, receivers you throw a 10 yard slant to and go to the house, or an X receiver like Randy Moss or Desean Jackson who get long bombs.

Tristan Jackson can do the last one but we need a guy like Kelvin Harmon or Stefan Diggs who were later round speed guys.

Think along the same lines, which is why I struggle with some placing the electric tag on Ish.

Hell of a receiver, no doubt. Important player for us, certainly. Just never thought of him in electric land.

Think along the same lines, which is why I struggle with some placing the electric tag on Ish.

Hell of a receiver, no doubt. Important player for us, certainly. Just never thought of him in electric land.
Ishmael was a college version of Anquan Bolden. He wasn’t a blazer but he caught almost everything thrown his way and would go over the middle. He wasn’t an electric player.
We need WRs like Steve Ishmael but we also need the types I listed.
Bolden was just a little faster which why he made the NFL but he played like Steve did in college.

I don’t see Harmon as electric. He has a knack for getting open, like the Bolden/Ish reference. Lemon always got open. Worst part about Harmon is he is a NJ guy, and we were on him IiRC. May have even been McF who closed it for NCSt.

To me Electric means speed. Game changing speed. Dion speed, Lamar Jackson, Hall speed. Guys who if you make one mistake are gone. Guys who cause opposing D's to change. Guys you dont punt to. Those are the guys that are Electric. The common thread is insane speed. Breakaway never going to be caught speed. Add in some quicks, some change on a dime moves with 0-60 in a flash speed and thats Electric.
The little i have seen of him JJ has it. The kid personifies Electric with a capital E.
Speed, quick, cuts, vision checks all the boxes. Go back and watch his HS highlights. Combine that with this spring and its obvious JJ has plenty of Juice.
I hope we get a glimpse of him on Saturday and im glad the staff is allowing him time to settle in, get a solid start academically, and allow the Wolverine time to " add some armor".

To me Electric means speed. Game changing speed. Dion speed, Lamar Jackson, Hall speed. Guys who if you make one mistake are gone. Guys who cause opposing D's to change. Guys you dont punt to. Those are the guys that are Electric. The common thread is insane speed. Breakaway never going to be caught speed. Add in some quicks, some change on a dime moves with 0-60 in a flash speed and thats Electric.
The little i have seen of him JJ has it. The kid personifies Electric with a capital E.
Speed, quick, cuts, vision checks all the boxes. Go back and watch his HS highlights. Combine that with this spring and its obvious JJ has plenty of Juice.
I hope we get a glimpse of him on Saturday and im glad the staff is allowing him time to settle in, get a solid start academically, and allow the Wolverine time to " add some armor".
I agree with that but two things. I would include:
A defense category: "Freeney-speed". That guy lit up the room!
A QB category for guys that can hit a long pass, at any time.