when will we get that Electric kid again | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

when will we get that Electric kid again

Walter Reyes may not have been the cut on a dime make people miss guy, but he could get around the outside and no one could catch him. Notre Dame is still chasing him. One of the fastest running backs we've ever had.

I think Reyes is criminally undervaled in the historical lens of our program.

Really too bad he separated his shoulder during his senior year -- kid was on his way toward cementing his name in the record books with some AMAZING predecessors.

am I the only person that remembers that dungey got hurt his first 3 years (on way to 4-8 records) and then also go hurt during his magic 9-3 year? tommy bailed him out in the UNC and FSU games, and then we got trashed by ND. I just don't understand the deifying of dungey.

So...we were 8-2 with Dungey playing full games last year?

What’s not to understand? He was the best player on the best team we’ve had in almost 20 years.

The problem for us we haven’t really had an NFL skill position player since Mike Williams and Delone Carter.

Who is the last skill position player to score a TD in the regular season of the NFL?
It is probably one of those 2 guys.

Think about this we have gone through Doug Marrone 4 years, Scott Shafer 3 years, and Dino Babers 3 years and none of them thus far have recruited a skill position player who was drafted and played in the NFL.

That has to change. It’s not that hard.
Carter and Williams were GRob recruits.

He was the best player on the best team we’ve had in almost 20 years.

How about "most effective player at our most important position" in almost 20 years.

Kinda pedantic, sorry. But Art Jones was probably a better tackle than Dungey was a quarterback; Riley Dixon's a better punter than Dunger's a quarterback; etc.

QB matters, and Dungey made things happen. That I know.

I think we will get a glimpse of our next electric player on Saturday. That would be Jahwar Jordan !!

How about "most effective player at our most important position" in almost 20 years.

Kinda pedantic, sorry. But Art Jones was probably a better tackle than Dungey was a quarterback; Riley Dixon's a better punter than Dunger's a quarterback; etc.

QB matters, and Dungey made things happen. That I know.

I don’t think he’s our best individual player in 20 years. I think he was our best player on the team last year. And last years team was our best team in 20 years.

Good players on good teams tend to get held in higher regard in the fans minds.

Yeah. People said “once we start winning.”

Now it’s “we only had one good season, we’ve gotta string a few in a row.”

I’m not sure...
I would charge the beaches of Blackwater Bay and storm the Black Gate of Mordor with Dino Babers.

That being said recruitment’s not above criticism and it’s been a little average. I have faith we have some surprises for the second half of 2019 though.

That being said recruitment’s not above criticism and it’s been a little average.
Average by SU standards for the last 20 years. Compared to the ACC, we're near the bottom. That has to change. If Dino sticks around and still can't make it happen after all these investments, then we're toast.

Average by SU standards for the last 20 years. Compared to the ACC, we're near the bottom. That has to change. If Dino sticks around and still can't make it happen after all these investments, then we're toast.
We will never hang with FSU, Miami, Clemson or even NC state recruitment wise.

But if we can start winning recruitments consistently over Pitt, Louisville, the Virginia’s and other piers we will be in a good spot.

I think Reyes is criminally undervaled in the historical lens of our program.

Really too bad he separated his shoulder during his senior year -- kid was on his way toward cementing his name in the record books with some AMAZING predecessors.

Hammy issues too right?

I know he was there for short, but to be hones, he didn't recruit all that (by MAC standards) at Bowling Green. Based on his success and personality, you'd think it'd be better. I've always said he needs more recruiters on the staff. Right now we have Monroe, Ferri and ? Stanard's been decent.

I would rather have the guys we have - plenty of electricity from where I sit - if we could get better performance from the OL. TD, Jackson, Mo, Adams, Harris, I think those guys can produce a lot of sparks if given the ability.

It’s Trishton Jackson and Tommy DeVito.

100%.
Couple more games like the last one, yeah, we'll be on our feet hoping to see something special every time they line up.

Walter Reyes may not have been the cut on a dime make people miss guy, but he could get around the outside and no one could catch him. Notre Dame is still chasing him. One of the fastest running backs we've ever had.

Reyes is one of my favorite SU players ever (I still can't believe he passed away). I feel like he was almost two different players in the Dome vs. on the road. In the Dome it seemed like he had elite speed, and on the road it seemed like he had average speed at best.

Think about this we have gone through Doug Marrone 4 years, Scott Shafer 3 years, and Dino Babers 3 years and none of them thus far have recruited a skill position player who was drafted and played in the NFL.

That has to change. It’s not that hard.
Carter and Williams were GRob recruits.
we are good at recruiting transfers.

is babers not that popular with the ny state association of mustachioed beta blocker PE coaches?