When will we win our second NC? | Syracusefan.com

When will we win our second NC?

CuseN

Walk On
How close are we to winning our second NC? What are your thoughts? Will it ever happen?

Won’t cite a date, but at least there’s hope.

I think we’ve known for a decade or so that it wasn’t going to happen under JB. A shame he held on for too long.

At this point I’m a huge Red Autry fan and very positive on his chances. We play on the biggest stage in college basketball.

This can turn quickly.

Things can change quickly in basketball. But you've got to make a lot of positive moves to get to where you want to be. Let's get back into the tournament - regularly- and then we can think about this.

The parity is there more than ever.

All you gotta do is get in the tournament and anything can happen

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I see SU win another natty in my lifetime (I’m 31). It’s no small feat and if Boeheim could only win one here in almost 5 decades of (mostly) good basketball, I just don’t expect it personally.

Fingers crossed Autry can get us there. But I feel that not hiring from outside the program will just continue the mediocre product that JB became accustomed to in his final 5 years. I think it could be sometime before we hire a coach who gets us to the promised land

Almost comical what it takes vs UConn winning #5 which is 100% happening and we will hear how they did it while winning every game by 10+ like nova did.

Almost comical what it takes vs UConn winning #5 which is 100% happening and we will hear how they did it while winning every game by 10+ like nova did.
Please don’t let that happen , it would be 3 titles under 3 Coaches in 13 years

Not happening as long as we are in the ACC. Too many ACC kids are not interested in a NE school. The ACC will be torn apart. If we land back in the NE we could win again. For now, forget it, regardless of the coach.

Not happening as long as we are in the ACC. Too many ACC kids are not interested in a NE school. The ACC will be torn apart. If we land back in the NE we could win again. For now, forget it, regardless of the coach.
That’s simply ridiculous. If FAU can make a final four and be in the mix, so can SU.

I would argue FAU is just as good as any other team remaining too. Unlike our 2016 team which we knew would likely fall to UNC.

No reason we can’t make a move quickly and be in position to make a run as soon as next year, quite frankly.

Additional commentary - why do you think this way? We should have beaten Miami and they have just as good a chance as any other team to win it now.

There's a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked at their bracket and imagined winning it all. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have watched their team lose to Vermont and URI. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I win my fifth title, I will feed Cuse fans hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can win a second title so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire fan base and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Jim Calhoun destiny We will destroy uou and then, when it is done and Uconn is the greatest program in college basketball and Syracuse fans have lost the will to live, then you have my permission to die win a second title.

There's a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked at their bracket and imagined winning it all. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have watched their team lose to Vermont and URI. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I win my fifth title, I will feed Cuse fans hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can win a second title so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay in the sun." You can watch me torture an entire fan base and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Jim Calhoun destiny We will destroy uou and then, when it is done and Uconn is the greatest program in college basketball and Syracuse fans have lost the will to live, then you have my permission to die win a second title.

Haven't had your second cup of coffee?

We’re making the argument again? Kids are somehow barred from playing in certain conferences based on geographic location? Dumb

We’re making the argument again? Kids are somehow barred from playing in certain conferences based on geographic location? Dumb

Not to pile on, but it’s even more of an insane take given that we made a final four as a member of this conference during the most mediocre stretch of the program’s history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom