When would play begin? | Syracusefan.com

When would play begin?

SBU72

All Conference
Since the BE school has to give 27 months notice, if notice is given Monday, that would put 27 months just before Christmas time 2013, near the end of OOC play? Last year the first BE game was Dec 29. How do they work it? SU would have to play BE football in 2013. Does the BB team have play BE too? Or once the school starts in one conference all the sports have to play in that conference. That essentially puts it out 3 years!

Its negociable. The BE will not hold that long anyways. 2013 at the latest IMO but its very likely 2012 .

I'm guessing we start play in all sports in the ACC beginning in 2013. Well have two lame duck seasons in the BE.

Its negociable. The BE will not hold that long anyways. 2013 at the latest IMO but its very likely 2012 .
BE needs time to restructure. They won't go into the 2012 season with only 7 teams.

Only way we get out by next year is if UConn and RU get ACC invites too and the BE implodes.

Since the BE school has to give 27 months notice, if notice is given Monday, that would put 27 months just before Christmas time 2013, near the end of OOC play? Last year the first BE game was Dec 29. How do they work it? SU would have to play BE football in 2013. Does the BB team have play BE too? Or once the school starts in one conference all the sports have to play in that conference. That essentially puts it out 3 years!

I think we'll be out after the 2012-2013 hoops season. The BE doesn't want this thing to drag out anymore than we do. A lame duck situation is bad for both parties. It may cost us a few more million to get out early, but it will be worth it to the school.

I'm guessing we start play in all sports in the ACC beginning in 2013. Well have two lame duck seasons in the BE.
What I am saying the BE requires 27 months notice (according to the atricles) and they must do it for a reason. So do you thing they will let SUout of it's commitment of the last 4 moths because they don't want lame duck seasons? Don't think so, not with out an additional penalty. Do you think it'll cost SU money for those 4 months since the cost to leave the BE is "only" $5 million? Could SU get anther $5 mil from the get eligible for all sports beginning the fall of 2013?

One lame duck year is bad enough (ask BCU). Two is not acceptable.

Ideally things change July 2012, but I doubt the BE can back-fill fast enough. Expect one lame duck year and hope for better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom