Where are they now? The 11 Scott Shafer recruits who signed elsewhere after Dino Babers was hired | Syracusefan.com

Where are they now? The 11 Scott Shafer recruits who signed elsewhere after Dino Babers was hired

definitely a net positive between those that left and those we flipped.

Pretty damning.
And that the guys he kept in the class went on to be pretty good says a lot about Dino’s ability to ID talent

Yup and yup.

For the #IStandWithShafer crowd - it wasn't gonna get any better had he been given another year.

In fact, given the low grade talent he had coming in, it would only have gotten worse - which means the rebuild for the next (non-Dino - he would have gone elsewhere by then) coach would have been that much more difficult.
Ooof.

And then we flipped Coyle for Wildhack = WINNING.

In retrospect - this all worked out about as well as it possibly could have.

Looking at it objectively, DeGeorge, Palmer, Ginnetti and Brinson had very good careers.

DeGeorge - 3 year OT starter at UConn

Palmer - UMass finished with 97 catches, 1,312 yards and six touchdowns.

Ginnetti - Rhode Island 42 career games, finishing his career with 116 tackles, 15 sacks, 25 tackles for loss and four fumble recoveries

Brinson - Georgia Southern, started as a true freshman and earned All-Sun Belt honors as a junior and senior. He is Georgia Southern’s all-time leader in pass break ups (37) and the Sun Belt’s all-time leader in passes defended (43). 6 career interceptions.

I recall Brinson was the one kid I was disappointed to lose. From Mays, GA was fairly highly rated and had 5 P5 offers. LVille, Kentucky, SU, MissSt, Indiana.

DeGeorge seems like a OT that HCDB would be recruiting today. 6-6 262 lb project.

Looking at it objectively, DeGeorge, Palmer, Ginnetti and Brinson had very good careers.

Ginnetti - Rhode Island 42 career games, finishing his career with 116 tackles, 15 sacks, 25 tackles for loss and four fumble recoveries

Brinson - Georgia Southern, started as a true freshman and earned All-Sun Belt honors as a junior and senior. He is Georgia Southern’s all-time leader in pass break ups (37) and the Sun Belt’s all-time leader in passes defended (43). 6 career interceptions.

I recall Brinson was the one kid I was disappointed to lose. From Mays, GA was fairly highly rated and had 5 P5 offers. LVille, Kentucky, SU, MissSt, Indiana.

DeGeorge seems like a OT that HCDB would be recruiting today. 6-6 262 lb project.

DeGeorge is in the transfer portal right now.
And he's up to 290 lbs.

Who knows how the Shaefer era goes if McDonald isn’t hired there would have been some early highs.

But he was a carbon copy of Addazio I’m sure we’d be ready to move on by now.

Yup and yup.

For the #IStandWithShafer crowd - it wasn't gonna get any better had he been given another year.

In fact, given the low grade talent he had coming in, it would only have gotten worse - which means the rebuild for the next (non-Dino - he would have gone elsewhere by then) coach would have been that much more difficult.
Ooof.

And then we flipped Coyle for Wildhack = WINNING.

In retrospect - this all worked out about as well as it possibly could have.
You may not like Coyle but he is a darn good AD.

#IStandWithShafer people = people who should no longer be allowed to post.

But we’d lose some of our most active posters...

That was a WILD time on the board. The ban hammer was out quick the min we were down 17-0 7 min into the game that last season. I even got a 48 hour ban lol

The spin job by some posters was amazing. Between all the diamonds in the rough we were recruiting and how our national rankings weren’t as bad as it seemed. It was a crazy time at times.

Riggins is the only guy that I think may have eventually seen the field with us
Brinson and DeGeorge would've seen the field. Might even have started.
Palmer might have had a chance to see the field but probably not good enough to start.

Liam O'Sullivan had the potential to be a 2 year starter on the OL but concussions got him.

Last edited:

Good careers in lesser conferences doesn’t mean they’d be good here.

wish Brinson came here and was a stud

now I can't in good consensus name my next dog (or kid) Monquavion

I don't dislike him at all.

That said - John Wildhack is 1,444x better fit as AD for 'Cuse than Coyle ever would have been.
I hope so but I am holding off judgement to see how the end of the JB tenure plays out.

I think DeGeorge, Brinson, and Riggins would have had 2 deep potential even under Dino.

I also think Lindsey Scott could have contributed here with how weak our QB depth chart was past Dungey. The Babers staff did want him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom