Where do they all come from? | Syracusefan.com

Where do they all come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flacusian

All Conference
Talking about the ner'do well schlubs who have less than 50 posts who come onto this forum barfing up nonsensical pabum like Jimmy B. can't coach... yada, yada, yada. Why don't they just take it somewhere else because with each word they type they are causing themselves additional embarrassment and demonstrating a complete and utter lack of knowledge about college basketball.

Fact: Teams lose games. Even good teams lose games. Programs have off years. If you look at what Syracuse has done over the past 4 years you'd see that they've won as many games as anyone in college basketball and what they have done in the Big East is nothing short of remarkable.

So... give it a break, get yourself a life, and most importantly, go somewhere else with all the negativity.

Don't worry, as soon as we dispatch with Depaul, they'll crawl back into their holes, only to reappear March 9th.

They don't make the decisions, so don't worry about it.

Talking about the ner'do well schlubs who have less than 50 posts who come onto this forum barfing up nonsensical pabum like Jimmy B. can't coach... yada, yada, yada. Why don't they just take it somewhere else because with each word they type they are causing themselves additional embarrassment and demonstrating a complete and utter lack of knowledge about college basketball.

Fact: Teams lose games. Even good teams lose games. Programs have off years. If you look at what Syracuse has done over the past 4 years you'd see that they've won as many games as anyone in college basketball and what they have done in the Big East is nothing short of remarkable.

So... give it a break, get yourself a life, and most importantly, go somewhere else with all the negativity.

Or maybe you can somehow be anointed King of the Forum and then you can decide who posts and who doesn't, because you must be the smartest man on earth. Wouldn't that be great?

Or maybe you can somehow be anointed King of the Forum and then you can decide who posts and who doesn't, because you must be the smartest man on earth. Wouldn't that be great?
Please come back when you get your post count above 50 . . . .

I think they come from the Boneyard. Marsh do you have something to add?

Please come back when you get your post count above 50 . . . .
Who gives a crap about post count? Why does that matter in the least bit?

And who is the OP to tell people what they can and can't post, positive or negative, and where they should post? People are going to vent and post negative things after a loss. Why do people like you guys have to make it such a big deal and turn it into a time to belittle anyone with a negative comment?

No need to discriminate on post count - bad posts like you are referring to come from posters below, and those well above, 50 posts.

For the record - I'm not discriminating. I have a friend who has less than 50 posts ;)

And who is the OP to tell people what they can and can't post, positive or negative, and where they should post? People are going to vent and post negative things after a loss. Why do people like you guys have to make it such a big deal and turn it into a time to belittle anyone with a negative comment?

It's not out fault that so many of these negative comments are also dumb comments. So we are not belittling them for being negative. We are belittling them for being dumb.

For example, we have heard today that the SU coaching staff has failed because 6'8" James Southerland has not developed the ball handling skills to allow him to dribble down the lane from the top of the key and not have the ball stolen by some 6' guards.

Why should we have to read this nonsense and not comment back? The fact that someone is frustrated after a loss does not give them a license to breathe out bullshxt.

It's not out fault that so many of these negative comments are also dumb comments. So we are not belittling them for being negative. We are belittling them for being dumb.

For example, we have heard today that the SU coaching staff has failed because 6'8" James Southerland has not developed the ball handling skills to allow him to dribble down the lane from the top of the key and not have the ball stolen by some 6' guards.

Why should we have to read this nonsense and not comment back? The fact that someone is frustrated after a loss does not give them a license to breathe out bullshxt.

Isn't that someone's OPINION? Who cares if they are right or wrong? No need to stoop to belittling and calling people dumb, etc, etc, etc. Why do you HAVE to comment back? Can a silly comment not be left alone?

Whether you agree with a comment about JS not having developed ball handling skills in 4 years, isn't that a legit concern for people to discuss? Why can't there be civility instead of sarcastic comments and then posts like these? I hate when people disparage others from opining even if their comments are kind of ridiculous...

Isn't that someone's OPINION? Who cares if they are right or wrong? No need to stoop to belittling and calling people dumb, etc, etc, etc. Why do you HAVE to comment back? Can a silly comment not be left alone?

Whether you agree with a comment about JS not having developed ball handling skills in 4 years, isn't that a legit concern for people to discuss? Why can't there be civility instead of sarcastic comments and then posts like these? I hate when people disparage others from opining even if their comments are kind of ridiculous...

And my OPINION is that their OPINION is dumb.

We have to comment back because this board is a discussion and not a place where people can regurgitate negative nonsense and go unchallenged.

If Boeheim is spending a significant amount of time teaching better dribbling skills to a 6'8" player whose primary skill is shooting 3 pointers than he's guilty of coaching malpractice. Ball handling is why you have guards. That's their job.

And my OPINION is that their OPINION is dumb.

We have to comment back because this board is a discussion and not a place where people can regurgitate negative nonsense and go unchallenged.

If Boeheim is spending a significant amount of time teaching better dribbling skills to a 6'8" player whose primary skill is shooting 3 pointers than he's guilty of coaching malpractice. Ball handling is why you have guards. That's their job.

But to keep a discussion civil and on point, is it necessary to respond to every dumb comment or to call them out as dumb? That's what I don't understand on here sometimes. Can't things be ignored without a multitude of comments and then new posts calling people out?

As for your JS comment, shouldn't the players be coached to be more well-rounded? How could any coach not want a player to develop better ball handling skills? Why should a guy have one primary skill? Heck, a 6'8" kid should be coached to be a lot more than a 3 point shooter. Of course, a lot of it comes down to more than just coaching anyhow.

Ball handling is why you have guards. That's their job.

That seems pretty, I don't know, antiquated? A kid like JS with length and athleticism could have been deadly if he had ever developed better ball handling skills.

Don't worry, as soon as we dispatch with Depaul, they'll crawl back into their holes, only to reappear March 9th.

Oh yeah, beating Big Bad DePaul is a real ing comeback starter.

But to keep a discussion civil and on point, is it necessary to respond to every dumb comment or to call them out as dumb? That's what I don't understand on here sometimes. Can't things be ignored without a multitude of comments and then new posts calling people out?

As for your JS comment, shouldn't the players be coached to be more well-rounded? How could any coach not want a player to develop better ball handling skills? Why should a guy have one primary skill? Heck, a 6'8" kid should be coached to be a lot more than a 3 point shooter. Of course, a lot of it comes down to more than just coaching anyhow.

That seems pretty, I don't know, antiquated? A kid like JS with length and athleticism could have been deadly if he had ever developed better ball handling skills.

Then he'd be Carmelo. How many of those are there?

Try and stay here with us in the real world.

The development of James' game, including his ability to handle the ball, has been terrific, given where he started. He just had incredibly bad fundamentals when he got here.

I think the point, which I agree with, is that these folks have had little constructive to post to the forum, but seem to come out of the woodwork to post negative, shoot-from-the-hip comments when the team loses.

Thanks for spelling it out for those who didn't get the subtlety of my "dig" at the op

Freedom of speech works both ways. It's the freedom to speak and the freedom to criticize speech. But the better way to do it is to criticize the substance of what is being said, not the source. We all had less than 50 posts at one time. But it is good to be around after the wins as well as the losses.

Freedom of speech works both ways. It's the freedom to speak and the freedom to criticize speech. But the better way to do it is to criticize the substance of what is being said, not the source. We all had less than 50 posts at one time. But it is good to be around after the wins as well as the losses.
Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the message board. It's a federal guarantee that our governments will not compromise our individual right to speak our minds This message board can shut anyone down for anything they say. People need to understand the difference between private and governmental actions

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Then he'd be Carmelo. How many of those are there?

Try and stay here with us in the real world.
It's comments like these that create such animosity towards others on this board. Seriously, what is the point of adding crap like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.