Where do top recruits and NFL players come from? | Syracusefan.com

Where do top recruits and NFL players come from?

orange_in_VA

All Conference
Where do blue-chippers (and future pros) come from?

Thought this was an interesting article and really brings home the point that focusing on NY recruits is not a great strategy for a D1 football program to employ. Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to get top NY kids, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze. I really like seeing the amount of talent produced in our new target area. The DMV. DC, Maryland and Virginia produce ridiculous talent and I'm glad we're finally reaching out to that region.

Two letters

DC.

Love that we’re building credibility in Texas and Georgia as well. Need wins to progress here. Love our growing presence in AZ and mississippi as well.

fpsd_heatmap.png

Player locations from nflpa

I'm not really sure how to use this. lol

Is there a point?
It's for savants... ;-)

As you increase the scroll, you can see every players state, then county, the city, etc...

Example 68 from Central NY. 38 from nearby Syracuse. 24 From Syracuse.
Surprisingly, More from Philly than DC.

Hah! You're right. I do think it helps dispell the belief that only the south is where it's at... That mid Atlantic corridor is pretty fertile.

Well, when a future Blue-Chipper’s mommy & daddy love each other very much...

:p

dc metro, nj.pa, detroit/chicago,ny west and 5 boro's, md/va. these areas should be our focus ---imho

Where do blue-chippers (and future pros) come from?

Thought this was an interesting article and really brings home the point that focusing on NY recruits is not a great strategy for a D1 football program to employ. Don't get me wrong, it's always nice to get top NY kids, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze. I really like seeing the amount of talent produced in our new target area. The DMV. DC, Maryland and Virginia produce ridiculous talent and I'm glad we're finally reaching out to that region.

Dumb article...various states produce NFL talent. Its between the Midwest , southeast, and Cali. Plain and simple .

I feel like an article this gets posted every year for the past 20 years here. Nothing new.

I would be drilling down in New Mexico. Seems like untapped potential, send all resources out there immediately

This map is a little more interesting... By percent of capita, Florida comes in at a mediocre #23. Right between Mass/NJ.

California #29

L6phHCf (1).png

Last edited:
Before you say, Florida's population is skewed by retirees... Florida ranks #3 in FBS football recruits, per capita. The #3(recruits) to #23(NFL), indicates, to me, it's just way easier to get recruited in FLA...

American Samoa produces FBS recruits at 6 times the rate of any other state...

Lots of interesting stuff here...
Where do college football players come from?

Excluding California, the more vegan restaurants the more likely you are bad at football... ;-)
Most-Vegan-Vegetarian-Restaurants-In-Proportion-To-Population-1024x657.png

3.00+ per 100,000 population
2.00 – 2.99
1.30 – 1.99
0.50 – 1.29

This irrefutable, not randomly drawn, fact, is what explains Fla #23 per capita, and California #29 per capita to the NFL.. Louisiana, completely vegan free, is #1 in recruits to the NFL, per capita.

Last edited:
Excluding California, the more vegan restaurants the more likely you are bad at football... ;-)
View attachment 128576

3.00+ per 100,000 population
2.00 – 2.99
1.30 – 1.99
0.50 – 1.29

Yeah, you really wanna recruit the meat belt.

(shameless desire to write "meat belt")

Another clear trend is emerging. States with the most UFO sightings, are also less likely to be good at football.

yapTEC3.png