Where is the team we saw a month ago? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where is the team we saw a month ago?

Good posts in here.
I think it's becoming apparent that Scoop, KJ and Dion provided leadership and attitude last year that is missing this year.

very true- in addition if you go back to jonny- as good a player he was- he didnt fit- i wonder if mcw is the same- great talent but his usage percentage is so high that it ultimately makes other players have to make plays everytime they touch the ball vs playing within the flow. its helped james because he can spot up and its helped baye because of his good positioning but you could argue its put the rest of the team in less than ideal positions.. this give it to mcw and go reminds me of give it to jonny and go.. last year scoop and dion were efficient off the dribble.. which opened up things.. mcw cannot have such a high usage with such a poor conversion rate. i am trying to think there is hope if mcw slows down and moves better without the ball.. the big 3 last year did a wonderful job off the ball as much as they did when they had it ..

I think we need to run the offense through James similar to the way we did with Dnic his senior year. There games are very similar and James should be able to pass out of the press coverage for easier shots for his teammates. Taking James out of the game has proven to be a winning strategy, but running him off of down screens should help create weak side and low post action and easier buckets.

If you listened to JB's presser he mentioned running more plays for James and MCW having more of and up and down year than people thought a couple of weeks ago. MCW doesn't shoot it well enough to simple keep the ball in his hands for 30+ mins a game. Teams will continue to make him shoot and face guard James.

JB (and all coaches really) has always believed that your best shooter should take the most shots and everybody plays off of that. Now if we are not great on defense this team will be like the 10-11 team that went 27-8 and lost in the round of 32.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom