Where was Chino against Cornell? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where was Chino against Cornell?

Fair question.

I don't think our walkons would have played if not for Cornell emptying their bench first which I thought was a classy move by the Cornell coach.
JB once said that he leaves his guys in until the other coach empties his bench.

Don't be a douche.
No, I'm not. Francis made a genuinely funny joke. There's history to this community you're not in on yet. It'll come with time.

Please explain what you mean.

Spots Left: 0
th

Please explain what you mean.

Spots Left: 0
it's part of the deal that's in the works with the NCAA - we get an extra 'ship in return for JB not having one of his "candid" pressers about what the NCAA is

That may be the case, but circumstances may dictate otherwise like in the Nova game where both Rak and McCullough fouled out and he did get in the game, so why not give him minutes ahead of a walk-on?
In the 'Nova game he did not have a wrap on his left wrist/thumb as he has in the last 3 games.

I don't mean to rehash the debate about how many minutes guys should be/shouldn't be getting, but I am curious why Chino didn't get any time in the game against Cornell but the walkons did close it out.

I realize it was only 1 minute, but I would have expected Chino to get in before Akintobi-Adeyeye?

Is there an injury or potential redshirt I am unaware of?
On this week's SU basketball show on Time Warner Cable Sports, Mike Hopkins was asked about Chino's development and lack of playing time. He basically said the main objective is always to win the game at hand, and that the players best able to make that happen see the court. He also said Chino and the other young players are indeed being prepared to play, and that they are making progress and gaining valuable experience in practice even if they don't always get into games.