Where were those refs from? | Syracusefan.com

Where were those refs from?

Shermthegeneral

Starter
The game was like the OSU game last year! I usually don't yell at the TV but by the end of the first half I was screaming at all the BS call! Wow! I've never seen so many phantom calls!

What a coincidence, because one of the refs was on the "officiating" crew from the OSU ncaa game.

Not surprisingly, given the slophouse calls we saw tonight.

Its amazing no one fouled out but even more amazing how well we controlled the game all things considered.

awful officiating all game. nance definitely has something out for syracuse

The sequence with about 1:30 left in the game where the guy mugs MCW, grabs the ball and then MCW gets called for basically incidental body contact for an and-1 was high-larious.

They turned Arkansas' "Fastest 40 minutes in basketball" into the "Longest 40 minutes in basketball."-VBOF

"from" doesn't count. "Hell" by itself would not make sense

LOL I would have understood. I think Satan and Timmy Higgins have some 'splainin to do for their demon spawn.

The game was like the OSU game last year! I usually don't yell at the TV but by the end of the first half I was screaming at all the BS call! Wow! I've never seen so many phantom calls!

Agreed. Instead of actually calling what they saw, they called what they anticipated would happen. Way too many phantom, no contact calls tonight ... just an awful job of referring a game.

I was thinking the same as I was watching the game. Wondering what kind of comments were going down on here and the chat room. Didn't bother me much as I never had the feeling Arkansas would seriously threaten us. Had we lost the game, I'd be fuming though.

It was one of those games where you walk quietly out to the ref and opine " Hey homer -- we left our skirts at at the hotel"

The sequence with about 1:30 left in the game where the guy mugs MCW, grabs the ball and then MCW gets called for basically incidental body contact for an and-1 was high-larious.
Yeah that was awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The most egregious call was the foul on southerland where he traps the dude in the corner on a double team. Southerland barely even gets within 5 feet of the guy before the ref blows the whistle..as if it were a punt and the arkansas dude had called for a fair catch

The most egregious call was the foul on southerland where he traps the dude in the corner on a double team. Southerland barely even gets within 5 feet of the guy before the ref blows the whistle..as if it were a punt and the arkansas dude had called for a fair catch
Agree, that was the last call of the night imo. Then Southerland would pickup his 4th foul only few minutes later.

Yeah--that was a terrible. Talk about an unwarranted bail out.

I was talking about this with Marsh01 during the game, but thank god we have such solid depth. With all of the whistles that went against us last night, just imagine if we had a 7 player rotation instead of 9 players. We'd have been screwed...and nearly were given how foul trouble turned out.

I thought the same thing, a ton of anticpatory whistles.

The call on Dirty was egregious in the words of another poster & I am not going to say the reffing was great overall.

But, let's be honest gang, we reach too much on D instead of moving our feet & getting into a good D position. Until that is corrected we can't complain.

The call on Dirty was egregious in the words of another poster & I am not going to say the reffing was great overall.

But, let's be honest gang, we reach too much on D instead of moving our feet & getting into a good D position. Until that is corrected we can't complain.

I agree. And I complain about officiating more than anyone on here.

Though the last sequence involving Mike was beyond the pale.

A loooot of anticipatory calls last night.

Even thought the game was up and down and high scoring, the officials made it difficult for either team to establish any type of flow. Game was really disjointed.

I was thinking the same as I was watching the game. Wondering what kind of comments were going down on here and the chat room. Didn't bother me much as I never had the feeling Arkansas would seriously threaten us. Had we lost the game, I'd be fuming though.

Yeah, that was pretty much how I felt. I laughed off a lot of the calls because I was never really worried about us losing. If it was closer I would have been losing my though - I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom