Where would beating Kansas rank | Syracusefan.com

Where would beating Kansas rank

GooseMutt

All Conference
amongst our biggest wins. Kansas is ranked 2 and we seem to have a thirst for wining. Would it be as big as our Duke win last year? Would guess not close to the famous Virginia win. USA poll gave us 6 votes for top 25. Would a Kansas win move us up significantly? I’m like crazy excited

I live in Kansas with these Jayhawks joker fans so beating them is always pretty close to the top of my list. I very much enjoyed strolling out of the Sprint Center with a big smirk on my face in 2008

amongst our biggest wins. Kansas is ranked 2 and we seem to have a thirst for wining. Would it be as big as our Duke win last year? Would guess not close to the famous Virginia win. USA poll gave us 6 votes for top 25. Would a Kansas win move us up significantly? I’m like crazy excited
If we beat Kansas we will move into the top 25. Are we talking all time or since we joined the ACC? If we did all time I might put it around 18-20. It also depends on how it happens.

To me, the best regular season non-conference win in recent years was the 2010 win against UNC. That was an awesome performance that marked the team as a title contender after what had been a long stretch of (relative) mediocrity by Syracuse standards. I don't think this year's team is that good, but a win on Saturday might feel at least a little like that.

I live in Kansas with these Jayhawks joker fans so beating them is always pretty close to the top of my list. I very much enjoyed strolling out of the Sprint Center with a big smirk on my face in 2008
If you live in Kansas, no doubt you hear the hero worship all the time. But I don't see us beating KU at this point. They're big, talented, athletic and deep across the board. Their center is 7-' 280 pounds.

Obviously a win would be spectacular but staying competitive with them is a more realistic goal.

My first thought off the top of my head is that it may be the best win since we beat UConn in the 2006 BET.

But it's hard to say because it's November. Everyone thought it was some huge upset to knock off UNC in 2010. As it turns out we were an elite team and UNC was hot garbage.

If you live in Kansas, no doubt you hear the hero worship all the time. But I don't see us beating KU at this point. They're big, talented, athletic and deep across the board. Their center is 7-' 280 pounds.

Obviously a win would be spectacular but staying competitive with them is a more realistic goal.

Yeah I'm realistic that I don't expect a win, just that I would love to see it due to my living circumstances. I'll be keeping my trash talking to a very minimum leading up to this game.

yea i just want a competitive game. if we play well and lose by 9 or something respectable and keep it close into the 2nd half ill be fine and still have high hopes for the team. if we get run out of the building and lose by 25 thats a different story.

yea i just want a competitive game. if we play well and lose by 9 or something respectable and keep it close into the 2nd half ill be fine and still have high hopes for the team. if we get run out of the building and lose by 25 thats a different story.

If the worst case scenario happens and it's blowout city they need to get battle out of there. Need him healthy for storz.

My first thought off the top of my head is that it may be the best win since we beat UConn in the 2006 BET.

But it's hard to say because it's November. Everyone thought it was some huge upset to knock off UNC in 2010. As it turns out we were an elite team and UNC was hot garbage.

I'd put the win at Louisville in 2013, Virginia 2016, Georgetown 2013 BET, Duke 2014, 6OT... this isn't football, we've had a lot of great wins.

Beating Kansas would be a top 25-30 win.

If the worst case scenario happens and it's blowout city they need to get battle out of there. Need him healthy for storz.
Health is a concern (TB seems to be ok). But confidence is a bigger concern right now. We have 2 players that are lucky to score at all (Thorpe/MM), 2 players that have yet to find their shooting stroke (MD and OB), our PG is just starting to come into his own against P5 competition, and our two centers are struggling to rebound against bigger front lines. Competing against players at KU's level is going to be bloody. But if we can keep it close, it could really be a confidence-booster for our OOC games against Yukon and Jorgetown.

Last edited:
I counted, it would be the 54th biggest win in program history!?!
Goose, ... SU is top 10 program historically. No need to rank wins.

I'd group it with UNC in 2009. Better than Kansas in Kansas City in 2008, not as great as Arizona in Tucson in 1995. That is, fun at the time but not particularly memorable or noteworthy.

I'd put the win at Louisville in 2013, Virginia 2016, Georgetown 2013 BET, Duke 2014, 6OT... this isn't football, we've had a lot of great wins.

Beating Kansas would be a top 25-30 win.

I was also trying to take into consideration relative strength between the teams. I'm not sure we're better than the 2013, 14, or 16 teams.

It would mean Syracuse Basketball is back and Jim Boeheim never left. Tobacco Road will be put on notice.

Many will disagree but I’d say top 15 program defining win, if done.

Just be competitive and make this a single digit game and I am happy.
Kansas isn’t deep and if we had more depth I would press them to wear down their guards.
With this said if we won we would probably get ranked in the 18-22 range.

This team is fun to watch develop and I just happy atleast we can rebound now. Our wings are rebounding and the offense looks okay which for us recently is a plus.

It could rank right up there with the thrilling March 9, 2003 come from behind win over Rutgers.

Seriously, unless there's something extraordinary about the game (like 6 overtimes) it would be just another nice win.
The Orange are not exactly some struggling mid major team without a winning history.

But it would be a nice "tune up" for UConn and that other team whom I LOAAAATHE and whose name I will not even dignify by writing it.

I
I counted, it would be the 54th biggest win in program history!?!
Goose, ... SU is top 10 program historically. No need to rank wins.
I like your swagger