Where would beating Kansas rank | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Where would beating Kansas rank

People say this all the time. This isn't the football program going to Clemson. Every time we play Duke, when we went to Louisville in 2013, when we played Georgetown in the last BET. Nothing is impossible with the basketball program. Now it may be a 20% chance we win Saturday, but counting Boeheim out is foolish, especially against a school that rarely sees zone.

I think we have a chance for sure...but Bill Self is not Mark Turgeon.

Also March is still four months away, so Self hasn't turned into a pumpkin yet.

I think we have a chance for sure...but Bill Self is not Mark Turgeon.

Also March is still four months away, so Self hasn't turned into a pumpkin yet.

I don't disagree, it just drives me nuts when people say we have zero chance to beat anybody. This isn't Shafer going up against Dabo.

My BIL said we had zero shot against Maryland and he coaches high school basketball. He couldn't believe we were favored yesterday. It's no wonder why people suck at gambling.

I don't disagree, it just drives me nuts when people say we have zero chance to beat anybody. This isn't Shafer going up against Dabo.

My BIL said we had zero shot against Maryland and he coaches high school basketball. He couldn't believe we were favored yesterday. It's no wonder why people suck at gambling.

Yeah that's dumb. People are dumb.

That UNC team ended up being horrible though.

Those were two great nights in MSG though. Beating up on Cal and UNC back-to-back was a lot of fun.
The beautiful thing about the UNC game was the second half.
The Orange came out at halftime down 2 and just beat the living daylights out of them.
A 22-1 run to start the half.
Andy Rautins was like an octopus in the zone.
Still remember his stats...the 7-11 game: 11 points, 7 steals, 7 assists, 7 rebounds.

Better inside than some recent Kansas teams, IMO. That Azubuike is a monster. Could see double the power/monster dunks that Bruno Fernando hit us with. Our bigs gotta be good deterrents and stay out of foul trouble.
I meant compared to their guards, the inside game is weaker. Azubuike has been pretty impressive on the offensive end, and I don't know how Chukwu or Sidibe will stop him. He's got 50+ lbs on either of them.

It wouldnt. This is basketball, not football. We win meaningful games on pretty much an annual basis. It would be a great win, but nothing monumental.

Its hard to say because its so early, Kansas is very talented, but who really knows at this point how good they will be.

I'll gladly take the future L in this game for that little W we had back in 03.

Then again I'll be greedy and take both.

People say this all the time. This isn't the football program going to Clemson.

I feel like if I had a nickel for every time people said this and we win I would be a millionaire. Heck people were saying this about Maryland yesterday. It's moving the goalposts Every time we play Duke, when we went to Louisville in 2013, when we played Georgetown in the last BET, etc. Just stop. Sound ridiculous.

Nothing is impossible with the basketball program. Now it may be a 20% chance we win Saturday, but counting Boeheim out is foolish. Especially against a school that rarely sees zone.
Amen! Great post. Frankly it’s the same with football. Nothing is impossible and when people say differently they lose so much credibility. Monster upsets happen EVERY freaking week.

But they weren't good. It was illusion based on they're name and the number next their name.

Here's why I think that was such a big game, more for what it represented than anything necessarily intrinsic to the game itself.

In the four seasons before that game, Syracuse spent two weeks in the Top 10. That win, which was done in spectacular fashion, launched Syracuse into the top 10, where the team more or less took up residence for the next four years. With that win SU returned to the top of the sport. And then stayed there. Whupping unc on national tv was the perfect way to make that announcement.

So this will be a home game for Cuse right? Its in Miami. Every one of our games vs Miami sounded like a home game the past few years.

People say this all the time. This isn't the football program going to Clemson.

I feel like if I had a nickel for every time people said this and we win I would be a millionaire. Heck people were saying this about Maryland yesterday. It's moving the goalposts Every time we play Duke, when we went to Louisville in 2013, when we played Georgetown in the last BET, etc. Just stop. Sound ridiculous.

Nothing is impossible with the basketball program. Now it may be a 20% chance we win Saturday, but counting Boeheim out is foolish. Especially against a school that rarely sees zone.
THIS

My goodness - I can't wait until we have a number next to our name again so people can stop acting like Little Sisters of the Poor when we're not ranked. We may win, we may not, but this is Syracuse Basketball, beating good teams isn't earth shattering.

I don't even know if it would be top 50. So many bigger so s during the Big East years and then a couple of games from each final four team, wins over Duke, etc. It's just hard for me to rank an early December win as very high on any list, but an interesting thread to get me thinking about all of those great wins over the years.

That UNC team ended up being horrible though.

Those were two great nights in MSG though. Beating up on Cal and UNC back-to-back was a lot of fun.
it was a bit before my time, but if my dad was alive he'd say the win over unc in the run to the 1975 final four was the one

it was a bit before my time, but if my dad was alive he'd say the win over unc in the run to the 1975 final four was the one
The win over UNC in 1987 has got to be way up at the top of the list as well. Beating UNC is always special.

Oh, somewhere I'd say around 101 wins less than this...

upload_2017-11-28_23-17-7.jpeg

Winning would greatly help our resume. Losing won't hurt us at all. This doesn't rate top 200.