Where's Kevin Love headed next? | Syracusefan.com

Where's Kevin Love headed next?

Fireball Jr.

All American
The more I see of Tristan Thompson, I'm thinking Love's a one-and-done in Cleveland. The Cavs probably could use some Love against Golden State, but it's not as if they've missed him the last 4 weeks. Thompson is way better defensively, as good a rebounder if not better, is one of those tough, edgy complementary players like Draymond Green who have no off-switch.

Seems clear, as Jeff Van Gundy said last night, that Tristan is a better fit for the Cavs. He says if Love comes back next season, he should be coming off the bench, that Thompson should be starting. that he brings a different level of toughness.

I agree. Love's a 22-minute player on this team. Too bad, because I thought things were starting to click as Love was getting his first whiff of the playoffs. And then Kelly Olynyk, a Canadian like Tristan (hmm, conspiracy?), came along and Thompson got his big break. He's going to become a very rich young man in the off-season, although not as rich as Love.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...s_says_tristan_thom.html#incart_story_package

The more I see of Tristan Thompson, I'm thinking Love's a one-and-done in Cleveland. The Cavs probably could use some Love against Golden State, but it's not as if they've missed him the last 4 weeks. Thompson is way better defensively, as good a rebounder if not better, is one of those tough, edgy complementary players like Draymond Green who have no off-switch.

Seems clear, as Jeff Van Gundy said last night, that Tristan is a better fit for the Cavs. He says if Love comes back next season, he should be coming off the bench, that Thompson should be starting. that he brings a different level of toughness.

I agree. Love's a 22-minute player on this team. Too bad, because I thought things were starting to click as Love was getting his first whiff of the playoffs. And then Kelly Olynyk, a Canadian like Tristan (hmm, conspiracy?), came along and Thompson got his big break. He's going to become a very rich young man in the off-season, although not as rich as Love.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...s_says_tristan_thom.html#incart_story_package

Historically Love has been a great rebounder. That being said, Thompsons been a beast so far in the playoffs. I think Cleveland needs to see how the NBA Finals turn out before they make any other decisions. If they struggle to score in the finals I think you will see Love return.

I think Love is going to leave and it's not going to be Cleveland's choice, but I think you are selling him a little short here. The Mozgov/Thompson front lines crush the glass (Thompson is relentless on the offensive boards) but the spacing leaves a lot to be desired. Love can give you most of the rebounding Thompson does and can spread the floor so much better.

Teams will be lining up to get a talent like kevin love.

And the cavs had Andrew wiggins. Wow.

I'll be honest, didn't see it coming.

Love's going to be a Laker.
have to watch and see what they do in the draft . . . they are not going after Love if they end up with Okafor or Towns to pair with Julius Randle. If the Lakers are smart they will take Russell - and if they are really smart they will take Mudiay - and then Love is an option.

IMO, if I was Love I would not exercise my option, spend another year in Cleveland rebuilding my reputation, and hit the market in 2016 when the salary cap is set to explode. Guys who take max contracts in the summer of 2015 will seem underpaid by 2016 standards.

have to watch and see what they do in the draft . . . they are not going after Love if they end up with Okafor or Towns to pair with Julius Randle. If the Lakers are smart they will take Russell - and if they are really smart they will take Mudiay - and then Love is an option.

IMO, if I was Love I would not exercise my option, spend another year in Cleveland rebuilding my reputation, and hit the market in 2016 when the salary cap is set to explode. Guys who take max contracts in the summer of 2015 will seem underpaid by 2016 standards.
Yeah I'm expecting a lot of short term deals this offseason.

I just don't think Love wants anything to do with Cleveland.

Love could probably sign a one year deal. Really, the cap is going up in 2017 also, I could see Lebron signing a one year deal next summer also. Not sure Love would do something like that though.

Also wanted to add; I'm not really sure a Love/Randle frontline is gonna work.

The lack of floor spacing without Love will hurt Cleveland against Golden State. With Thompson in the game, the driving lanes are going to be cluttered, and Golden State will not play help defense off the drive with Bogut protecting the rim.

In terms of fits, I think he'd be a great fit in NY to pair with Melo. Melo needs a stretch 4 to give him room to operate.

In terms of fits, I think he'd be a great fit in NY to pair with Melo. Melo needs a stretch 4 to give him room to operate.

Interesting. I'm going the other way, i think Melo's future is more as a 4. And Melo at the 4 and Love at the 5 would prob be a disaster on the defensive end.

Interesting. I'm going the other way, i think Melo's future is more as a 4. And Melo at the 4 and Love at the 5 would prob be a disaster on the defensive end.
I feel like Melo got beat up too much at the 4 and that's why I'm nervous about playing him there permanently...although if he can handle it night in/night out, definitely no to Love and play Melo at the 4.

I feel like Melo got beat up too much at the 4 and that's why I'm nervous about playing him there permanently...although if he can handle it night in/night out, definitely no to Love and play Melo at the 4.

I think he might just need to bulk up or something? I dunno, but i think the league is trending more toward smaller lineups. Also I may be biased that the one good year the team has had int he last decade came with him at the 4 for a lot of it.

I think the Lakers would take Love regardless of Randle.

They love star power and Randle, KAT, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell aren't stars and probably won't be top ten talent in the near term and probably not ever.

If the Lakers can get him, I'd think they'd want either a rim defender or a perimeter scorer to go with Love.

Love, Randle and Okafor would be the worst defensive collection of bigs in the history of the sport of basketball.

Last year people on this forum told me that Love is better than Carmelo, and that Love is a top 5 player in the NBA.

What a joke.

I bet Houston makes a run for him. They wanted Bosh last year. They've been swinging for the fences every year in free agency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom