Which player's mom was this? | Syracusefan.com

Which player's mom was this?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
I was driving on 690 over the weekend, and I saw an Illinois license plate that said "SU Mom 8". I don't see a match for a football or basketball player, and even checked the Lax roster. Any ideas?

I was driving on 690 over the weekend, and I saw an Illinois license plate that said "SU Mom 8". I don't see a match for a football or basketball player, and even checked the Lax roster. Any ideas?
maybe a female athlete?

I went through every roster and not one numbered 8 is from Illinois.

Maybe SU Mom 1-7 was taken lol.

is there any chance it's the 8th mom from that state to get an "SU Mom" license plate?

(I too was a little worried prior to clicking on this thread.)

Emma Firenze, SU womens' soccer player from Baldwinsville?

http://www.cuse.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoccer

But her sister is on the team too, so that would seem to be favoritism if mom only had one player's number. Maybe they have two cars?

I also take exception to "from Baldwinsville." They are from Fulton, played Fulton youth soccer, and moved to Baldwinsville as the kids got older (I graduated with their aunt and their father was a few years younger than me). End of rant.

Last edited:
But her sister is on the team too, so that would seem to be favoritism if mom only had one player's number. Maybe they have two cars?

I also take offense to "from Baldwinsville." They are from Fulton, played Fulton youth soccer, and moved to Baldwinsville as the kids got older (I graduated with their aunt and their father was a few years younger than me). End rant.

I deleted my post because I realized it was dumb when I saw there were 2 sisters and that she was local.

I deleted my post because I realized it was dumb when I saw there were 2 sisters and that she was local.

I know you know I was kidding. :) It was just an opportunity to stump for The City with a Future.

? ? ? ? ?
#8 Hakeem Lecky
SU LAX

but he's listed as from "Hometown: Nantucket, Mass."

2014 team co-captain.

why does it have to be a current player?

I know you know I was kidding. :) It was just an opportunity to stump for The City with a Future.

Actually I didn't even see your post till after I deleted it. Now I know one can reply to a deleted post so my dumb deleted post can now exist for infinity. :p

? ? ? ? ?
#8 Hakeem Lecky
SU LAX

but he's listed as from "Hometown: Nantucket, Mass."

2014 team co-captain.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that his mom is a researcher at the University of Chicago.

I also take exception to "from Baldwinsville." They are from Fulton, played Fulton youth soccer, and moved to Baldwinsville as the kids got older (I graduated with their aunt and their father was a few years younger than me). End of rant.

Both are really good players...

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that his mom is a researcher at the University of Chicago.

That could be a prep school he attended. I was thinking of that, too.

Yesterday I saw a guy with NBASTAR on his NY license plate driving on 690W through downtown (he was driving like an Assclown too - going about 90 MPH). I didn't get a good look at him, judging solely by his driving, I would have guessed it was Devo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom