which team is hurt most by NCAA tourney cancellation? | Syracusefan.com

which team is hurt most by NCAA tourney cancellation?

i think every team will be ok down the road.why not ? the players can still hold on to the belief that it might have been them this year when in reality only one team was gonna win. i feel worse for the collaterals. the vendors and the parkers and the pizza guys and their parlors. the hotels and motels the maids and bartenders and everyone else whose income people staying home is gonna cost them maybe more than they can afford.
and of course for those who get truly sick. missing out on a few large venue events won't mean much down the road to most of us. for some people it will be way more than an inconvenience. hope we all emerge stronger.

As a fan of the 1994 Montreal Expos, who was screwed from their best opportunity to win a title, I am very sympathetic to fans such as Dayton who don't get great opportunities like this very often.

But in a way the situations are apples and oranges.

- The Expos season was ended due to player and owner greed, and the fans were screwed.
- The Dayton fans were not screwed by anybody, just an unfortunate situation.

But real life just moved on despite the 1994 strike.
In this case Dayton fans not only have to feel bad about their team, they now have to deal with some real life health and economic concerns.

As a fan of the 1994 Montreal Expos, who was screwed from their best opportunity to win a title, I am very sympathetic to fans such as Dayton who don't get great opportunities like this very often.

I'm with you on that. I started going to their games when they first got the franchise. Had a lot of drunken nights at old Jarry Park :confused: Didn't seem to have the same atmosphere at Olympic Stadium.

As far as the BB teams who would be most disappointed, I would agree with the list by the original poster.

Dayton...once in a lifetime team for a program like that.
Be careful folks....Univ of Dayton was the runner up to UCLA in the mid 1960's They had a pretty good team with a player named Don May. This year was a great run for the Univ of Dayton but truly not the only one.

As a fan of the 1994 Montreal Expos, 2002 Sacramento Kings, who was were screwed from their best opportunity to win a title, I am very sympathetic to fans such as Dayton who don't get great opportunities like this very often.
FIFY.