Which will be missed more by Syracuse fans | Syracusefan.com

Which will be missed more by Syracuse fans

You'll get a range of answers here. I'm a Connecticut resident who grew up watching the Huskies, and I have dozens of friends who are current students at or recent graduates of UConn, but I still think the Georgetown rivalry is the tops.

There is no hate like hate for GTown!

The Gtown rivalry isn't going anywhere. The UConn rivalry is the one we are losing, so that is the one I'll miss more.

We'll still be playing Gtown once a year, which is something that I am sure happened a few times in the last dozen or so years anyways. It may not count in the conference standings anymore, but that's not what this rivalry is really about at this point anyways, Craig Esherick made sure of that.

I think you may find the answer will depend on in which decade you fell in love with the Orange. For those of us who harken back to the Manley Dome ending and JT's infamous line, G'town will forever and always be the most hated team, bar none. Fans who have joined later may have more distaste for UConn. Both rivalries will be sorely missed when we go ACC. I'm not a fan of the ACC and especially don't like Dook at all but I'm not seeing the intensity of the emnity between them and us ever reaching the depth of feeling rooted in either of these BE rivalries.

Since the big east formed gtown was always our biggest rival

IMO, this is a generational thing. For me, based upon my age, clearly G'Town. UConn, undoubtedly, is up there, but doesn't have as deeply seeded roots like G'Town.

When I think about the Uconn rivalry I think about a major rival on the court. When I think about Georgetown I think about on and off the court and just pure hatred of the opposition. I presume our rivalry with Gtown will continue on similar to the Louisville- UK rivalry.

The answer to this question is simple: Yes. Anyone not missing both of these rivalries has no idea what being a fan is all about. UVA, Ga tech, Wakem Va Tech, Miami, Fla State, or Nc state or others will simply never match up. Duke and Carolina will, to an extent, but they don't really care about us, they are nowhere near the northeast, and there is zero history there. Maryland would have been very interesting but, of course, they're gone. Both of these rivalries will be sorely missed, IMO.

Neither. It's like asking would you prefer to live next door to a sewage treatment plant or Love Canal ?

But if you hate them that much, that is exactly why you should be sad we are no longer playing them. Tough to get too passionate about playing teams you could take or leave.

I've always hated Uconn more than G-town. I was also born in 1990.

Georgetown during the Big John era ranked along side Duke/North Carolina as the best in college basketball. Saturday feels like the first time since then it has exceeded our rivalry with UConn. Let's Go Orange!

The basketball rivalry with Georgetown or the one with UConn?

More excited about our future rivalries and the budding rivalry on all levels with Louisville than anything we will leave behind.

Still I expect uconn to be in the ACC within 5 years and have a visceral hatred for Georgetown.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think it's an age-cutoff, around age 27-28 probably. If you are younger than that age you probably have heard about the SU-Gtown rivalry, but never really experienced it. For them was a bigger deal. Everyone else age 30+ it's Georgetown and it's not close.

I am surprised by you RF. I don't go in for this type of thing. Sportsmanship above all
Mmm hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will miss neither... I hope both programs cease to be.

The basketball rivalry with Georgetown or the one with UConn?

The difference between UConn & G-town is like the difference between the annoying kid down the block and the devil himself.
You don't care for the annoying kid...but you hate the devil.
And sometimes you actually can respect the annoying kid.

I LOOOOOOAAAAAATHE G-TOWN!

GO ORANGE!!!!